My towen part one 1- 6

**Book 2: The Blood of Witches**

**Chapter 1: Shadows of the Past**

The summer heat clung to Ravenwood like a heavy shroud, the air thick with the scent of pine and earth. It had been weeks since Lila had joined the coven, and though she had learned much in that time, the weight of her new identity still pressed heavily on her. The town felt different now, as if the very streets whispered secrets she could almost hear but never fully understand.

The war the coven had warned her about loomed ever closer. Whispers of dark forces gathering in the shadows reached Lila's ears with increasing frequency. Selena, the vampire who had haunted her nightmares, was still out there, somewhere. The thought of her sent a chill down Lila's spine.

But despite everything, Lila felt stronger, more confident. Her training had sharpened her abilities, and the coven had become her family. Yet, there was still so much she didn't know—about the world of witches, about her own power, and about the ancient conflict she was now a part of.

As she walked through the town, she noticed a group of strangers standing near the old library, their faces hidden beneath dark hoods. They were not from Ravenwood—Lila was sure of that. The way they moved, the way they seemed to glide across the ground, sent a shiver of unease through her.

She quickened her pace, eager to reach the safety of the coven's meeting place. The old manor house, hidden deep in the woods, had become her sanctuary, a place where she could escape the strange occurrences that seemed to follow her everywhere.

As Lila entered the forest, the air grew cooler, the oppressive heat of the town left behind. The trees seemed to welcome her, their branches swaying gently as she passed. She found comfort in the forest's embrace, in the familiar paths she had walked so many times.

When she arrived at the manor, Isolde was waiting for her, a look of concern etched on her face. "Lila, we need to talk."

Lila's heart skipped a beat. Isolde's tone was serious, more so than usual. "What's wrong?"

"Something's happened," Isolde said, leading Lila inside. "Something from your past. You need to know the truth."

---

**Chapter 2: The Lost Heir**

The manor was quiet, the usual bustle of the coven's activities absent. The other witches were nowhere to be seen, and Lila wondered if they had been sent away for a reason. She followed Isolde through the dimly lit halls, her mind racing with questions. What could be so important that Isolde had to tell her in private?

They entered a small, candlelit room at the back of the manor, where the walls were lined with ancient books and scrolls. A large, ornately carved table sat in the center, and on it, Lila noticed an old leather-bound tome, its cover marked with strange symbols.

"Sit," Isolde said, gesturing to a chair. Lila obeyed, her nerves on edge.

Isolde remained standing, her hands resting on the table as she looked down at Lila with an intensity that made her uneasy. "There's something about your family, Lila, that you need to understand. Something that has been hidden from you for far too long."

Lila frowned, her confusion growing. "My family? What does this have to do with them?"

"Everything," Isolde said. "The power you possess, the reason you're so important—it's not just because of who you are, but because of where you come from. Your bloodline, Lila, is ancient and powerful. You are the last descendant of a long line of witches, a line that was believed to have been wiped out centuries ago."

Lila stared at Isolde, her mind struggling to process the words. "What do you mean? My family—my parents—they weren't witches."

Isolde's expression softened, and she reached out to place a hand on Lila's shoulder. "Your parents were good people, but they weren't your true family. You were adopted, Lila. Your birth parents were the last of the Ravenwood witches, a coven that was destroyed by dark forces over a hundred years ago. You were hidden, protected, so that the darkness couldn't find you. But now, with your power awakening, they have begun to search for you again."