Chapter 3 : Obsession

And these late nights can't sleep
              You took the best of me
        And I just really need you love
    Cause you're my, you're my obsession

                                               Beds and Beats

Anastasia

"Ms. Bianchi," I say, my voice as cold and sharp. "I made it clear from the start, the product was incomplete, flawed. You knew that, and you still chose to buy it. But now you think you can waltz into my territory, into my company, and make demands?" I lean back slightly, my eyes locking onto hers, unflinching. "I'll let this little outburst slide, only because of Mr. Bianchi. But don't mistake my patience for weakness. Pull something like this again, and I'll show you just how ugly things can get."

She stammers, trying to find her footing, "But, I-"

I'm done with her excuses. I close the distance between us in an instant, my presence looming over her as she sits frozen in the chair. I lean in, my voice dropping to a deadly calm. "I don't care, Ms. Bianchi. I don't give a damn about your tantrums. You bought the product, you deal with it. And if you ever come into my company again, harassing my people, you'll regret ever crossing me."

I straighten up, leaving her no room for response. "Now get out of my sight before I change my mind about letting you off this time."

I leave the office without another word, letting the door swing shut behind me. Ben, my assistant, can deal with her. He knows how to handle people like that. As I step into the hallway, I catch Yuri's eye, my so-called bodyguard. He's more of a necessity for appearances than anything else, but still, I keep him around. He's a kid, fresh-faced and too eager to talk, but I let him ramble because it's harmless.

But not tonight.

"Bring the car around, Yuri," I say, my voice clipped. I don't bother with pleasantries. The tension simmering just beneath my skin isn't something I want to unleash on him.

He nods, quickly scurrying off to fetch the car. I take a moment, closing my eyes and inhaling deeply, trying to push down the anger bubbling inside me. By the time I step outside, the car is waiting. I slide into the back seat, the leather cold against my skin, a sharp contrast to the heat in my chest.

As we drive, the city blurs past, building after building, neon lights reflecting off the windows, casting jagged streaks of color through the car. I should be focusing on business, on strategy, but all I want right now is to reach my penthouse. To shut out the world and the noise.

I don't have a plan for tonight, hell, I don't even know what I'll do when I get home, but one thing is certain: I need to be alone. There's a storm raging inside me, and the last thing I need is company.

Suddenly, Yuri's phone rings, cutting through the silence. He glances at the screen, his expression shifting to something more serious. "Da, boss," he answers, his tone respectful. "Yes, she's with me. Just finished up for the day. Understood, I'll hand her the phone now."

He extends the phone to me, the screen flashing the word Boss. "Ms. Ivanova, it's Mr. Volkov. He wants to speak with you."

I take the phone with a sigh, my patience already wearing thin. "Mr. Volkov," I say, my voice steady but with an edge, "you can contact me directly. You don't need to keep tabs on me through my bodyguard."

His response is a low, amused chuckle. "Durochka, I could, but when I call, you never give me the full story. Yuri, on the other hand, knows better than to leave out details."