Chapter 13: Repercussions

The room was quiet, the clicking of keyboard was the only sound filling the room. The nurse's office was sterilized for medical standard, so if not for that, you could even feel the particles of dust floating around. The always present Recovery Girl was going through some results from the diagnosis that she performed on Himiko when she was brought here.

Recovery Girl: (What are these?...these cells are behaving as accelerant for her cells. It's amazing!) Where did this come from is the question...

Right then the door to the nurse's office opens and Recovery Girl sees that it was the young student that brought the blonde to her office. 

Recovery Girl: Oh, hello dearie. Your friend is okay, just exhausted from the stress.

Izuku: Right...thank you for looking after her, Recovery Girl.

Recovery Girl: No need to thank me as it is my duty. Now, if you'd excuse me, I have to go now that you're here.

The elderly woman slides off the chair and takes her bag then makes her way towards the door.

Izuku: Where are you going? If I may ask.

Recovery Girl: Some people that were sent to the hospital from today's incident needs medical attention that requires my assistance. Now, she needs rest so do not disturb her. I take it that you contacted her family?

Izuku nods confirming her concern.

Recovery Girl: Good, now take care of her and yourself. Goodbye.

Izuku understands and bids her farewell. He stands at the door for few seconds while looking at Himiko's face then he walks next to the bed and takes a chair beside her and sits, waiting for her to wake up.

Izuku: *sighs* I am glad that you're okay, Himi-chan...I am...I should've been there...

Gyuki: {No one would've been able to foresee this Izuku. People never imagined the heart of Hero world would be infiltrated like this.}

Izuku: (U.A is supposed to be secure. It's even compared to Tartarus, which is the most secure facility this country has.)

Gyuki: {But it happened outside U.A several kilometers away from the main building. They knew that they didn't have a chance here, today's curriculum presented an opportunity to them.}

Izuku grunts to himself. He looks at Himiko's hand and hesitantly holds it between his own.

Izuku: Why would they do this? What was their motive for attacking the students?...

Gyuki: {That brat said something about "killing All Might". That "Noumu" was a weapon designed for him is what he said remember?}

Izuku: (But why bring the students into this? If they wanted him, they could've just held them as hostage and killed him.)

Gyuki: {You want the Symbol of Peace to die?}

Izuku: (I don't fucking care about All Might. It may be heartless thing to say, but no one is invincible. He's not immortal so he will die sooner or later. People need to come to terms with that...Even I am not invincible with all this power.)

He hears the door open and turned to see who it was; it was All Might in his weakened form. The young man could see that his face was riddled with guilt and shame. 

All Might:...how is she?

Izuku:...she's fine, Recovery Girl said that she was tired and needed rest. I called her mom, so she must be on her way here.

All Might: That's good.

He whispers and takes another chair next to Izuku. The old hero sees where Izuku's hand was and understood.