𝟓

𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒

"So, the Walcotts were the first. At least, the first we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents." Stiles detailed, laying out the photo of the deceased over the table. "They were killed by a professional assassin called the Mute, weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then, the Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a claymore mine. Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house and got decapitated outside his car." He continued, pulling out another image and laying to next to the previous four. "And then, last night, twenty-three-year-old Carrie Hudson."

"It's a Deadpool— a hit-list of supernatural creatures." Lia finished, resting her palms on Noah's desk.

She, Stiles, Scott, and Noah gathered in the Sheriff's office, informing him of the information they had gathered in their investigation. "This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded."

"Who found this list?" Noah asked, running his finger down the page of the list of names. Knowing the majority of them personally.

"Lydia." Stiles sighed.

"How?"

"She wrote it." Stiles answered, before going into more detail. "Actually, she transcribed it, without realizing it."

"Banshee?"

"Banshee."

"Beautiful." Noah breathed, the rational side of his brain still fighting with the information given to him. "All right, what are these numbers next to the names?"

Holding his hand up, Stiles paused his father. "We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key." He explained, pulling the list away and showing his father a screenshot of the cipher key box below the code. "Typically a key word, but it's actually a name."

"Allison." Lia spoke quietly. "Her name broke a third of the list and now we think there's two other cipher keys. Which will give us the rest of the names." Aurelia continued, her nails drumming on the desk as her eyes flicked over the pages.

"Okay, so, how do we get the cipher keys?" Noah asked again, fearing the answer.

"Same way we got the code." Stiles sighed. "Lydia."

Massaging his temples, Noah dropped into his seat and closed his eyes tightly. Part of him wished he had never found about the supernatural, which in turn would have resulted in him losing his job. It was a selfish thought, knowing that even if he wasn't aware, everyone he cared about would still be involved.

"She's been at the lake house all weekend, trying to find the other two key words." Roman, Kira, Ivy and Malia had stayed with her, considering she was also on the list and needed protection. Aurelia had received hourly check in's from Roman and from what he was saying, Lydia was practically driving herself insane. Staring intently at the spinning record, waiting for a key to come through.

"And what about these other two names on the list, uh, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town? They're Werewolves, too?" Sheriff Stilinski asked, looking between the three teenagers before him.

Whilst Aurelia simply shrugged, Scott spoke. "I don't know but Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here."

"Here being Beacon Hills, or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under thirty-thousand—"

"And dropping—"

Ignoring his son, Noah continued. The grim word continuing to bounce around his head. "But, if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking at close to five hundred thousand." Falling into an uncomfortable silence, Noah leant forward in his chair and intertwined his fingers. "Look, how many Werewolves, Banshees, Kitsunes, Phoenix's and whatever the hell else is out there, are we talking about?"