The Wrath of Vee

The morning after the encounter with Kara was crisp and cool, the early light filtering through the large windows of Vee and Dani's penthouse. Dani was still asleep, her breathing steady, the exhaustion from the previous night finally catching up to her. Vee, on the other hand, had been up for hours, her mind buzzing with the remnants of last night's confrontation.

As she stood by the window, looking out over the city, a sense of unease gnawed at her. The meeting with Kara had gone as well as it could have, but it had also confirmed something she'd been trying to ignore for weeks—there was still a rat in their organization. Someone close to them had been feeding information to Kara, and that person needed to be dealt with. Harshly.

Vee's expression hardened as she moved away from the window, her mind already formulating a plan. She'd let this slide for too long, hoping that the traitor would slip up and reveal themselves. But now, after Kara's thinly veiled threats, she realized that she needed to take matters into her own hands. This wasn't just about sending a message to Kara anymore; it was about reasserting control, reminding everyone in their organization exactly who they were dealing with.

She walked over to the small safe hidden behind a painting in the wall, her movements quick and precise. Punching in the code, she retrieved a sleek, black handgun—a custom piece she'd had made years ago, a weapon that had seen more bloodshed than she cared to remember. Vee didn't relish violence, but she wasn't above using it when necessary. And today, it was necessary.

Vee grabbed her phone and sent a quick text to one of her most trusted lieutenants, Kevin, instructing him to bring the man they suspected to an old warehouse on the outskirts of the city. The location was perfect—isolated, discreet, a place where screams could echo into the night without drawing unwanted attention.

With the plan in motion, Vee felt a calmness settle over her. This was what she was good at—handling problems, taking control, and showing her enemies that she wasn't to be trifled with. No one betrayed her and Dani and got away with it.

She returned to the bedroom and paused by the door, watching Dani sleep. For a moment, she considered waking her, letting her know what she was about to do. But then she decided against it. Dani had been through enough the night before, and there was no need to drag her into this. Vee could handle it on her own.

She leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to Dani's forehead before slipping out of the penthouse, her footsteps silent on the polished floor.

**The Hunt Begins**

The drive to the warehouse was quick, the city still waking up as Vee navigated the streets with a practiced ease. Her thoughts were focused, every detail of what she was about to do playing out in her mind like a well-rehearsed scene.

When she arrived, Kevin was waiting for her outside, his face set in a grim expression. Vee could see the tension in his posture, the way his hand hovered near his own weapon, ready for whatever was about to go down.

"He's inside," Kevin said as she approached, his voice low. "Tied up and waiting."

Vee nodded, her face an unreadable mask. "Good. Let's get this over with."

The inside of the warehouse was dimly lit, the air heavy with the scent of oil and rust. The man they'd captured was tied to a chair in the center of the room, his head hanging low, a mixture of blood and sweat dripping from his brow. He'd already been roughed up by Kevin's men, a prelude to what was about to come.

As Vee stepped into the light, the man looked up, his eyes widening with fear. He knew who she was, what she was capable of. And in that moment, he knew he wasn't going to leave this place alive.