T E N

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

"Hyunjin!", Yunjin stands up, worried and concerned for the boy she called her crush. She rushes towards him, too scared to hold his hand, or remove the pen thats pierced his hand, the pen that Nabi is clenching so hard.

Hyunjin stares at Nabi, still trying to understand what the fuck was going on.

As for Nabi, she was horrified. She was scared of herself. She was sorry, she was guilty and what more she wanted to be was dead.

With a trembling hand, she pulls the pen out of his hand, immediately dropping it to the ground. Now, what she was seeing was no mere paint that was red in color, she was seeing the red liquid that had haunted her for life.

"No...", Nabi covers her mouth, stepping back. Yunjin, too scared to touch his hand, or even look at it, looks at Nabi, tears welling up in her eyes.

"You crazy bitch! Are you out of your God damn mind?!", Yunjin takes harsh steps towards her, swinging her arm hard and placing a hard, cold slap on the girl's, who was trembling in fear, cheek.

She lifted her hand yet again, to hit the girl, but a warm and wet hand had enveloped her wrist. It was the first time ever she felt him being this harsh on her. It was almost bruising... no, it was bruising.

Yunjin ached in pain, letting out a whimper.

Hyunjin would've held onto her for longer if the other girl hadn't thrown up. Rushing towards her, he kneels down beside her, rubbing her back as she throws up at the corner of the classroom.

His hand had been bleeding intensively. The pain was there, but it was not enough to overcome the pain in his heart that Nabi had caused by worrying him.

As she finishes throwing up, he grabs her shoulders, helping her stand up and together with her, he makes way to the nurses office.

Without any special training in the field of combat and battle, he still surprisingly had a very high amount of pain tolerance, unlike the small girl in her arms, who was anything but a teenager.

She was stuck in her childhood.

"What happened?!", the nurse in the office exclaims, mostly looking at Hyunjin's bleeding hand."Are you okay? Lay down.", the nurse says.

Hyunjin, not realizing the words were directed to him, helps Nabi lay down on the bed. Nurse, dumbfounded, looks at Hyunjin.

"So... care to explain?", she pulls Hyunjin's arm, setting him down on another bed beside Nabi's. Grabbing her supplies, she starts to clean the wound on his hand.

"He doesn't speak...", Nabi says flatly, staring up at the ceiling. Glancing back at the girl, the nurse looks up at Hyunjin, then back down at his wound.

"You seem to be speaking.", the nurse comments, hinting at her to explain.

A moment of silence passes between them before Nabi reveals the deed she never thought she would do."I stabbed him.", the nurse pauses, looking back at Nabi in shock and surprise.

Hyunjin also looks up from his hand, eyes at Nabi who stares at the ceiling with a blank expression on her face.

Another beat of silence passes in the room before an unexpected voice is heard.

"No.", is what he says. Just like before, a 'no' is all he says.

Averting her eyes from the ceiling, she looks at him, including the nurse."Thought you said he doesn't speak.", the nurse says, the question directed to Nabi even though her eyes are on the boy.

"He doesn't..."

__________

Coming out of the principals office with dark aura surrounding him, an old man makes his way over to Hyunjin, instead of his daughter.

"You're Hwang Hyunjin.", he asks, emphasizing his surname. Hyunjin glances at Nabi then up at the old man, giving him a nod."... pardon for the inconvenience. My daughter here...", he looks at Nabi."... is quite the reckless girl.", eyeing her up and down, he notices the red nailpolish on her clothes. Narrowing his eyes, he looks back at the young boy.

"You didn't happen to do that, did you?", he asks, pointing at Nabi. Hyunjin looks at Nabi's uniform, then back at the old man, this time giving him a shake of his head."I'm not hurting you. You can speak.", the guy scoffs, eyeing him up and down one last time before turning to Nabi.

"Who did this?", he asks with a stern voice, staring at her. Nabi looks down.

"A girl in my class was putting nailpolish on... I grabbed it to see it but accidentally spilled it on myself."

"You're not a little girl, are you? You're supposed to be a sensible girl, not a stupid little ignorant child, understand? Don't embarrass me like this again.", with those words, he looks at Hyunjin, eyeing Hyunjin's painted, although unfinished, nails, before walking down the hallway, his footsteps echoing into the silent corridor.

Seemingly an hour of silence passes between them before Nabi breaks it, keeping her eyes glued to the ground."Don't start thinking I'm super weak or something because of this... I'm not...", she looks up at him, only to find him staring at her.

His expression seems almost relieved, as if he's happy."What? Why are you looking at me like that? You think I'm so weak? Are you making fun of me?", she frowns, stepping closer towards him.

"No, what else was I supposed to say? I mean, I--", she pauses as she gets reminded of the injury she'd caused him.

Looking up at him, then down, she slowly drowns in guilt."Does it hurt?"

"No.", the airway to her lungs nearly blocks as she hears him speak, in that small, soft voice of his. One she longs to hear so, so bad.

"... good, because--... not like I care. It's my fault that you got hurt so the least I could do is apologize b--", she looks up at him, her words being caught in her throat yet again.

In front of him, at this moment, she feels weak, vulnerable and exposed as if she's let all her life's secrets out in front of him.

"... I'm sorry. I was being such a dumb bitch, I should've been more rationa--", he steps closer, a small smile that was there and also not there visible on his lips. To her it was visible, to him it was visible, but to anyone else, he'd seem like the same Hyunjin who looked like an alien, experiencing everything for the first time.

"No... I--... I like you."

__________

A/N: how do I become pretty🥰(🔪tell me yes I'm threatening you)

Also, don't read once and forever and the changbin book of mine they're like the worst like wtf is going on with them. Why are the main fl such clear and big old red flags in both books???????????????????