𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓂𝑒𝒹

"𝒯𝓌𝑜 𝒻𝓁𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝒶𝓈 𝑜𝓃𝑒

"𝒯𝓌𝑜 𝒻𝓁𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝒶𝓈 𝑜𝓃𝑒. 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒽𝓊𝓃𝑔𝓇𝓎, 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝓁𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔."

I had snuck out of my chambers and gone to the godswood, hoping for a moment of peace, some small comfort in the tranquility of the ancient tree. The world had grown suffocating, the weight of all the tension in my family bearing down on me.

I sat on the ground beneath the tree, feeling the soft grass in my hands and on my bare feet.

Out there, beneath the rusting leaves and the bright light of the moon, I could almost pretend that everything was normal, that I did not feel the weight of expectation crushing me

But even there, peace eluded me.

I heard him before I saw him. Aegon's stumbling steps, the rustle of his clothes as he approached me. My body tensed. I didn't have to turn around to know who it was. His presence was all too familiar.

"Daenerys," Aegon's voice was slurred and the air grew thick with the stench of wine. "What are you doing out here all alone?"

I forced myself to remain still, my hands clenching into fists, ripping some grass from the dirt.

"I needed some fresh air.."
I said, keeping my tone neutral.

I knew better than to provoke him when he was like this.

"You have been avoiding me."
He said bluntly, approaching me from behind.

I stiffened as he loomed over me, his breath hot and sour as he moved down closer. His hand reached out, brushing against my arm.

"I have not been.. avoiding you, brother."
I lied, shifting uncomfortably, away from his touch.

"You have," he insisted, his hand slyly pushing back my cloak. "Ever since Daeron returned."

I felt my throat tighten.

"I am your brother," he said, his voice low as he reached out to touch my arm again. "you mustn't treat me like a stranger."

"You are drunk."
I countered, my voice sharper than intended.

His hand caught my wrist.
"I am just having a bit of fun, dear sister."

I tried to pull away, but Aegon only tightened his grip, his nails digging into my skin.

"Let go," I demanded, fear and anger mixing in my heart.

"Do not be difficult!" he hissed, becoming frustrated with my lack of interest in him. "This will all be.."

Aegon's words were cut off by the sudden appearance of another — Ser Criston. He made his way over quickly and calmly, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword.