founder's party, secrets & sparks

Stefan wakes up with a gasp, having seeing a nightmare where Damon kills Elena biting into her neck. Damon walks into his bedroom, "bad dream?" He smirks, "do you know how easy it was to get into your head just now? You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field." He chuckles to himself, "football reference. Too soon." Stefan throws a knife at Damon, hitting him in the stomach. Damon pulls it out angrily, "all right, I deserved that. But I just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit." Stefan gives him a questioning look, "the animal responsible for killing coach Tanner and all those people."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan got up and raised his eyebrows.

"It was a mountain lion. Really big one." Damon said, "it attacked a hunter this morning. It's all over the news." Damon smirks throwing a newspaper to him. The headlines said, "Deadly beast captured. All's well in Mystic Falls."

"Why would you cover your tracks?" Stefan asked confusion lacing his voice.

"I've decided to stay a while." Damon said shrugging, "and I'm just having way too much fun here with you and Elena." Damon smirks winking, "and of course Spencer."

"Can't touch Spencer or Elena now."

"Well, the vervain does keep me out of their head. Maybe that's not my target." Damon sighs, "believe it or not, Stefan, some girls don't need my persuasion. Some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style and my charm and my unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift." Damon walks towards his brother and stabs Stefan in the stomach the same way he did. It clearly hurts Stefan more than it did Damon, for Stefan falls to the floor. "This is John Varvatos, dude." He said, "dick move." Stefan painfully removes the knife.

He walks towards his shelf and opens his diary and writes;

The real animal is still out there, waiting for me, challenging me to fight back, to stop him. But how do I stop a monster without becoming one myself?

*

In the Gilbert House, Elena walks down the stairs and finds Jenna in the kitchen with the TV on. The reporter was saying, "To repeat, the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught."

"Scum ball." Jenna was glaring at the TV, "Scum bucket." She muttered continuing to throw daggers at the TV.

"Who are you talking to?" Elena asked with confusion in her eyes, as she walked to the couch were Jenna was sitting.

"Him," Jenna pointed to the TV screen.

"The news guy?" Elena asked.

"Also known as Logan Scum Fell." Jenna sighed and looked at Elena, "did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

"Oh, no way." Elena said shaking her head, "you and him?" Elena looked at the screen studying the guy, "he's cute."

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him." Jenna turned off the TV and shifted her gaze to Elena, "what are you doing with that?" Jenna asked about the box Elena was holding.

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display." Elena explained looking at the box.

"Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna said taking out the diamond ring from the box.

"Originally it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring," Elena corrected.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth?" Jeremy said walking in the room. "You know, like on eBay?"

"You're not going to find out," Elena warns him giving a pointed look.