6 Please

And then I found a small living creature called a 'cat' lying buried in a pink basket lined with thick, soft cushions. The little orange cat, which I was a bit worried might've died from being abandoned, was sleeping with its eyes closed, completely unaware of anything. Honestly, I always felt calm when I was near Teach Renu because of the sound of her heartbeat. But right now, I was pretty annoyed because it was loud and rapid with anxiety, even though the teacher's face showed no emotion.

She's really good at keeping a straight face.

"When did you take it in, Teach?"

"Friday."

"What?"

I glanced at the lovely teacher's face with slight disbelief since I remembered that I was still tutoring math in her room that day.

"After you left, I went to get it that night. You said its mother abandoned it. I thought it was too small to find food on its own."

"Okay," I responded briefly, not knowing how to express my thoughts. Just as I was about to ask what she planned to do next, Teach Renu spoke up hastily.

"I'm looking for a solution. Right now, I've sent my brother to discuss keeping the cat with our family. There shouldn't be any problems."

Actually, I knew from the moment I touched that handsome young man, but I pretended to nod in acknowledgment.

"Okay."

"Are you going to tell your mother?"

"Technically, pets aren't allowed here."

"..."

"But since you've found a solution, I'll pretend I don't know anything."

"Thank you," she said, and I noticed the worry in her eyes. The beautiful teacher crossed her arms and hesitated before speaking about the past few days. "I know we've been talking less lately, and it seems like there's some anger."

"I felt that way too. I was a bit dumbfounded that we were fine on Friday, but after you went out with another guy the next morning, we became distant."

"..."

"I'm sorry if I talked too much and made you uncomfortable. You were right; it wasn't my business."

I hoped that the striking teacher standing before me would make an excuse or do something to make me feel better since she felt guilty. But no, it seemed like her scolding me with 'It's none of your business' was something I deserved, and there would be no apology.

Teach Renu was really blaming me for overstepping, and it made me frustrated again.

"But in exchange for not telling my mom, you have to tutor me in math," I demanded.

This wasn't a request like before; it was coercion from someone seeking revenge. Teach Renu's heartbeat quickened again, but it seemed more irritated than excited. Yet, the beautiful teacher nodded calmly, showing no emotion as usual.

"Fine. It's my duty anyway. Even if you didn't bring up the cat, I'd still teach you."

She was accusing me of blackmailing her, but I didn't care and didn't feel bad because I was more furious. So, I just grinned and excused myself.

"See you later."

"See you."

From a teacher and student who once had a cute, close relationship, it now felt like we were playing a game of wits. I wanted to be close to her but acted like I had thorns growing out of me, like a sarcastic teenager. Meanwhile, the adorable teacher tutored me out of duty but without the usual smiles.