Prying

I stared at him. No. That's impossible. He shouldn't be here. Assuming the juvi was a dream (which it probably was) he wasn't real. But here he was, sitting right not fifteen feet away from me. He sighed, exasperated, and ran a hand through his thinning grey hair. Then it struck me that I must look like a idiot, my mouth gaping open, staring at him like he was a ghost. Not knowing what else to do, I sat down in the chair opposite of him. He pressed a button on the tape recorder. A quiet whirling sound filled the room. "Name" he stated. I realized that he was asking me for my name. It didn't sound like a question.

 "Thantanos" I replied. He sighed and adjusted his bow tie. "First and last" he responded, still sounding exasperated. I didn't respond for some time. Thinking that somehow I didn't hear him, he repeated his question. After a minute of me not answering his question, he pulled a glasses case out of his pants pocket I assumed and opened it. Looked irritated, he put on some glasses.

"Your father's name was William Colton. Mother's name was never confirmed by your father. Left your father-". I stopped him there. My hands were shaking violently. " You've talked with my father. Why? I don't understand. I didn't do anything!"

He held up his hands in defeat. "True, true. You haven't done anything wrong. Well, not that we've found out." He leaned in chair, over the table, going far enough to almost being face to face with me. "Which is why I would like for you tell me what happened in that souvenir shop in the ROM."

"Okay, okay" I said. "But first, we need to get a couple things out of the way. First of all, where am I? And as for my other question... what in the world made you think that you should show up at a museum, filled with people, and scare me horribly bad?"

He adjusted his glasses and looked me straight in the eye. "You're on a military base in the United States." I snorted. "Thanks. That narrowed it down a bunch." He sighed. "The reason why I'm not telling you what military base is because if I did, I would probably be executed, and with you and your family."

My heart lept to my throat. He continued.
"As for your second question, I had no control over what happened, but I do imagine that the S.W.A.T like to be a tad bit dramatic." Okay, so now that that's out of the way, I would really appreciate it if you tell me what happened in Toronto."

I took a deep breath. " Well okay. So it all started..."

I'm sorry it took me so long to update, I lost access to my account, and school started up again, so I had to study a lot. I will try and update now on a more regular basis, but it still might be slow, due to school and extra-curricular activities