Chapter 5

The final class of the day had flown by, the hours spent in the Blood Alchemy room seeming to vanish as quickly as witches on broomsticks. Lavender was eager to leave, her thoughts swirling with the day's events. She spotted Jasper lingering nearby, his ever-watchful presence a constant reminder of his role as her guardian.

"Jasper," Lavender began, her voice tinged with both frustration and curiosity. "Why have you been attending all my classes today? It feels like an invasion of my privacy."

Jasper's calm demeanor remained unchanged. "I'm here to ensure your safety, Lavender. Your mother's instructions are clear. I must be wherever you are to protect you."

Before Lavender could respond further, Bellarose, Lyra, and Astrid swooped down on their broomsticks, their faces alight with excitement.

"Come on, Lavender!" Bellarose called out, her voice brimming with enthusiasm. "We've got an amazing night planned!"

Lavender glanced at Jasper, then made up her mind. She climbed onto Bellarose's broomstick, and with a shared cheer, the girls took off into the sky. They soared over the university grounds, leaving the campus behind and heading toward a nearby town.

As they flew, the girls decided it was time for a magical wardrobe change. Each of them performed a quick spell, their wands or hands tracing intricate patterns in the air. A swirl of color and shimmering lights surrounded them as their outfits transformed.

Bellarose's deep purple dress shifted into a sleek, black leather jacket adorned with silver runes and a pair of stylish black jeans. Her vibrant green eyes sparkled with glee as she expertly adjusted the jacket's fit. The transformation was effortless, the magic blending seamlessly with her appearance.

Lyra's honey-colored eyes gleamed as her casual attire morphed into a chic ensemble: a fitted, midnight-blue tunic with intricate silver embroidery and matching leggings. Her brown curls fell perfectly around her shoulders, framing her striking new look.

Astrid's transformation was equally enchanting. Her casual robes became a dark, shimmering gown with celestial patterns that glowed faintly, reflecting the moonlight. The transformation left her with an ethereal, almost otherworldly appearance, perfectly suited for the night's festivities.

Lavender's outfit underwent a dramatic change as well. Her school uniform dissolved into a rebellious ensemble: a black leather jacket with silver studs, black skinny jeans, and knee-high black boots. The outfit was completed with a silver belt that gleamed under the moonlight, giving her a bold, edgy look.

As they descended into the town, the girls were exhilarated by their new looks. The town itself was alive with magic and festivity. The cobblestone streets were illuminated by lanterns that floated mid-air, casting a warm, inviting glow. Enchanted banners fluttered in the gentle breeze, each one depicting scenes of magical creatures and moonlit landscapes.

Their destination was a lively bar known as "The Enchanted Elixir," a popular haunt for witches and magical beings. The bar's exterior was adorned with twinkling fairy lights and ivy that seemed to shimmer with an otherworldly luminescence. Inside, the atmosphere was vibrant and eclectic. The air was filled with the mingling scents of exotic herbs, sweet spices, and a hint of aged potions.

The walls were lined with shelves displaying an array of magical bottles, each glowing softly in various hues. The bar itself was crafted from dark, polished wood, and behind it, an array of colorful bottles and decanters glittered under the soft light of floating candles. The space was filled with the cheerful clatter of glasses and the hum of animated conversations.

As Lavender and her friends settled into a booth, they were greeted by a lively bartender who offered them a menu of liquid potions. The menu featured a selection of drinks like the "Moonlit Mirage," a shimmering, blue potion that promised clarity and insight; "Phoenix Fire," a fiery red concoction known for its invigorating effects; and "Witch's Nectar," a sweet, golden drink that was said to enhance magical abilities and charm.