Chapter 2

Hope's POV

Jessica had to leave because she was going shopping with her family.

I laid my IPhone down next to me and stared at my ceiling.

Thinking.

About nothing.

"Hope, sweetie?" I heard my mom call from the bottom of the stairs.

I live in the attic.

No not like that.

We got it done so it's like an actual room.

"Yes mother?" I responded, in a very tired voice.

"Get up please. We're going on a trip to the beach." She said, and left.

I fell out of bed and ran to go get my bathing suit which was a black two piece. The top price looked like a strapless bra. I slipped on black flip flops. I left my hair long but slid a black hair band onto my right wrist then headed downstairs.

Of course no one was packed so I had to help, then I had to help load the car. My sister, Keziah didnt have to do anything.

We all piled into the car.

My mom and dad took like years to figure out the GPS but finally we were off.

-

We got there like half an hour later. I grabbed a chair, a blanket and headed to the beach.

We picked a spot and set up everything like the blanket, the umbrella and the chairs. I applied sunscreen before running into the water. Which was FREEZING! It was so cold! I shivered at his frosty touch.

I soon managed to warm up once I just got in.

I made a new friend. His name was Matthew and he was 10. I played in the water with him. His parents were really cool. I found out that they lived in my area so I was given their number to call anytime encase I ever wanted to babysit Matthew which I wouldn't pass up the offer on! He was just too cute!

I said my goodbyes since they were leaving early because they had a wedding to go to.

I went back to our things.

"Hey Hope, the rest of us are going swimming, okay?" My dad asked me, checking in.

"Okay." I replied, not really caring.

They all finished applying sunscreen and then headed off.

I laid out a separate blanket in a space in the sun. I laid down and began to tan.

God the sun felt great on my back.

I've always loved the beach.

The wind, the smell, the ocean, the seagulls, and the families that come here to spend time with each other.

My family is barely together considering my dad works from 6 in the morning till late then I only see him at dinner then he's off to bed.

We rarely get to spend time together, only on the weekends but you know the weekends feel like 5 seconds and then it's already Monday.

Well you know how it goes..