Chapter 9: A Proxy's Help

Yourself and Nekomata hastily made your way back through the Dead End Hollow and out into New Eridu. The thiren had a carrot which guided you both to the quickest and nearest exit.

"Okay! Which way do we go now??" Nekomata asked you after the two of you exited the hollow.

"Just follow me. If Nicole was here, then we could've taken the car. But she is not, so we'll just have to keep running." You said.

"Think you can still keep up?" You asked, smirking a little.

"Oh please! You know full well that I can!" Nekomata pouted and put her hands on her hips.

"Very well...just don't get too worn out." You said, grabbing her hand before you started to run.

"H-Hey! You don't need to drag me like this!!" Nekomata pouted as she pulled her hand out of your grasp and ran along side you.

"Heh...sorry~." You teased as you grinned at her, which only made her pout more.

The two of you kept running until you found your way back onto Sixth Street. Right ahead, you could see the familiar sight of the video store, pointing it out to Nekomata who seemed to be gaining a bit more speed.

"That store there! That's where we'll be getting our help!" You said.

Nekomata only nodded and ran off just ahead, barging straight through the front door of the store at full speed. As you got through the now wide open front door, you heard Belle and Wise talking to Nekomata in the back room of the shop.

"Seems like Nekomata has already gotten down to business." You said, coming to a stop as you shut the front door of the shop.

"Phew...that was a lot of running...I can sure feel it..." You said as you hunched over and caught your breath.

"Ah! There's Y/n!"

You looked up and saw Belle stood in the doorway to the back room. She smiled and waved at you when her gaze caught yours.

"Hi Y/n! It's been a couple days! Whatcha been up to?" She asked.

"Well you see...it's a pretty long story." You said.

"Mhm~. So you're here with this cat thiren then?" Belle asked as you nodded your head.

"See?! I told you I was with someone you knew! How come you didn't believe me?!" Nekomata asked the siblings.

"We couldn't be absolutely sure, since we don't know you at all." Wise said.

"But with Y/n's presence and his word, I think we might be able to trust you." He continued.

"Thank you! Now can we please discuss this commission I have for you?!" Nekomata asked, breathless and eager to get a move on.

"Sure. Let's start with going through this 'long story' that Y/n mentioned. What exactly has Nicole gotten you guys roped into this time?" Wise asked.

"You really do know Nicole so well don't you?" You replied, chuckling a little as you made your way into the room behind the metal door.

"But yeah jokes aside, it's because Nicole took a commission from Nekomata here." You said, gesturing to the thiren.

"We were snooping around the Red Fang Gang's territory when Nekomata helped us hide from them. She then proposed a commission to Nicole, to help find a family heirloom. Of course, Nicole accepted this and...I think it's best to watch the rest of this back from the records on Nicole's bangboo." You said, bringing forward the small, green bangboo that Nicole carried with her.

"What about your bangboo, Y/n? Wouldn't he have the visual data on record as well?" Belle asked.

"A-Ahah...Bangpool is...very stubborn. He tends to erase important data if you try and retrieve it. Especially if it's anyone other than me." You said.