1.

WEDNESDAY

10:17 p.m

"In that direction," the Cat said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Hatter: and in that direction," waving the other paw, "lives a March Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

I was peacefully reading when I heard a loud noise.

"What on earth was that?" I asked my mother with a pissed expression.

"Anabel told me that she overheard the doorman saying something about new neighbours." she said while getting ready for work. She works in a hotel nearby.

The flat where we live has three floors. Anabel and her husband Daniel, a bald policeman that loves listening to Queen, live in the ground floor. Anabel is very close to my mother, they connected since we got here five years ago, when I was fifteen. My mother, Oliver and I live in the first floor. You may be wondering who the hell Oliver is, he is my dog. Here it is a photo of Oliver so you can see how cute he is.

 Here it is a photo of Oliver so you can see how cute he is

Name: Oliver Green

Date of Birth: 29 October 2020

Loves: running, forest, eating MY food, barking at strangers

Hates: strangers, his feed

And finally, the second floor. It has been empty since we got here. But it seems it isn't anymore.

"Bye bye honey, I will be home for dinner. Take care, and don't forget to walk Oliver!!" she said closing the door.

My day was not really productive, but I don't really care as I don't have to go to the uni till September. Oliver and I went for a walk in the forest, he was very very excited and I am always happy when I am with him. He has that power that he can make me happy in just a second. He is my best friend, the love of my life. Look at him when he was a baby (and no I won't stop showing you pics of my baby).

 Look at him when he was a baby (and no I won't stop showing you pics of my baby)

My mother was late for dinner, which worried me so I ended up calling her. No answer.

"Sorry sorry sorry, I know!" she said in a rush.

"Mum, I am hungry and you don't even pick up the phone! Where were you?" I said while petting Oliver.

"Well I have met the new neighbours, no big deal."

"Mum, tell me everything! Don't be like that!" I exclaimed.

"Okay okay, they are Irish. All of them readheads, can you believe? The woman, Nora is around my age and she is divorced. She has two sons, Domhnall and James. I only met James, who is 16. But she showed me a pic of Domhnall, he is very handsome I must say." she explained to me.

"Who old is he?"

"She didn't really tell me, but I reckon he is in his early twenties. Why? Are you interested in boys now?" she chuckled.

"No mum!!!!!! Can't I be curious? My God!" I blushed a bit, I DON'T KNOW WHY OKAY?

"By the way, we are going to have dinner with them this friday, okay?"

"What? You must be joking?" I cried out.

She really thinks I am nervous for meeting that boy whose name is stupid! What kind of name is Domhnall anyways?

THURSDAY

19:20 p.m

Oliver was getting pretty excited seeing me taking his lead.

"Who's my good boy? Who's my pretty boy? YOU ARE! Come on, let's go to the forest!"

I took his rewards, his ball and the little bags for his poops and that's it. Oh no! My headphones, okay we are ready.

The temperature was pleasant, it hasn't rained in a week more or less and that is a bit odd for the UK but I won't complain.

Oliver and I spent like one hour playing and enjoying the rather fairy scenario. The forest is one of my favourite places, I can desconnect from everything and connect at the same time with myself.

"Are you happy Oli? My big boy, are you happy?" I tell him while he is jumping and licking me.

On the way home, I can tell he is tired so I give him one of his rewards to brighten him up. We finally arrive, in the entrance he starts barking loudly.

"Hey Oliver you are being a bad dog! Come on stopt it right now!" I shout while pulling his lead. He stops and looks at me with puppy eyes, he always does that.

When I turn around to apologise I see a young boy who is looking at Oliver.

"I am sorry, he is always like that with strangers."

"It's okay. He is so cute! I am your new neighbour, James!"

"Very nice to meet you James! I am Olivia and this is Oliver."

"Nice to meet you Olis." He chuckles.

"Hahaha, look Oli this is James. He's our new neighbour!!" Oli smells James and lets him pet him.

"Yeah that's my good boy!" He is the best when he meets people.

"Well I have to go now but I will see you tomorrow, won't I?" He said going upstairs.

"Yeah of course! See you tomorrow."

"See you then."

I enter our home to see my mum cleaning like mad.

"Mum, what are you doing?" I exclaim.

"Nothing, I just want to give a good impression to Nora and her sons." she said worn out.

"Okay then, I can help you. I want you to finish so you can rest."

"Oh Oli thank you swettie, you know I love you right? I know I don't tell you enough. I have been really busy with work and I know you spend a lot of time alone."

"I know mum, don't worry about that, you know I love spending time alone. Plus, I am not really alone, we are the Oli Team! I love you both with my whole heart." I said immediately hugging her. Oliver comes and makes an adorable sound.

"Hey come here Oli!" and we take him and hug him tightly.

I love my precious family.

Author's note ☀︎₊˚⊹ Hey guys! I hope you liked this first chapter of "Like the Sun". I think this can be a really good story. I am sorry if I have some mistakes as english is not my mother tongue but I really try my best!

REMINDER: You are worth it! You are beautiful! You are enough!

Kisses and hugs

˗ˏˋ₊ʚ🌻ɞ₊ˎˊ˗