Just a Dream

“NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!”, I screamed and thrashed around in my bed. I twisted so hard, I dropped off. I landed on the floor with a thump.

             "MMMRRRRREEEEEOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!", A unholy screech filled the room, adding more fear to my already shocked heart. I pushed myself into a corner. A black shape scrambled to its feet and rose from the ground. It opened it's eyes and gave me an annoyed look.

               "Midnight, I'm so sorry!", I apologized. The cat quietly walked up to me and rubbed its head under my chin. She purred, as if to say she forgave me. I tightly held her in my arms, quivering. Midnight meowed, looking  at me with her shocking yellowish-orange eyes. I rocked back and forth, calming myself.

             "I was just a dream...", I told myself. "Just a dream.". I stopped shaking and went over to the window. I lifted up my satin purple curtains, and sunlight tumbled into the room. I brushed my long, black hair out of my eyes with my hand.

             "Cassy! Cassy! Cassy, are you okay?!", A female voice demanded. A woman ran inside my room, my mother.

              "I-I'm fine.", I answered. Mom held my face, looking into my eyes, which were the same color as hers, brown. A lot of people say that we both look alike. We both have the same face, the same raven black hair and cinnamon brown skin. We've been mistaken as sisters before. I try not to be bothered by it, but it still feels strange. I softly took her hands off of my face.

              "Another nightmare?", she asked sadly. I shook my head yes. Mom hugged me.

              "It's gonna be ok, alright sweetie?", she cooed as she combed her fingers through my hair. "I know you miss our old home, but we'll be able to have that here."

              "It doesn't feel like it.", I sighed. Suddenly, my dad came crashing thorough the hallway. he ran in, holding a baseball bat.

              "Where's the intruder?!?!?! Who touched my daughter?!!?!?!?", he yelled. His voice shook the walls like thunder. He walked over to us, his height and built casting a shadow over us.

               "Everything ok?", he asked. His baby blue eyes scanned us both for signs of harm.

              "We're fine.", Mom explained. Dad sighed.

              "Another nightmare?"

              "Uh-huh.", Dad patted me on the shoulder.

              "It's just a dream, Cassy. You're gonna be fine. No why don't you go on and get ready, huh? Today's the first day at your new school!". I groaned.

              "Wonderful."