𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 // 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙚𝙨

THE HOURS PASSED and her client's piece of furniture finally took shape

THE HOURS PASSED and her client's piece of furniture finally took shape. With a few final touches, Keira attached the last details that she had designed herself, added the expensive gold handles for the two doors and, with Happy's help, stowed the heavy piece of furniture in her van.

Her lungs hitched for a moment as she jumped back to the floor from the van's loading area. Once again, she had taken on too much work in the last few days, even though she should've taken more breaks.

Her joints ached, a headache was forming and she noticed that she was sensitive to sunlight again, which was not uncommon for people with Lupus. Perhaps it would've been smarter to choose another state instead of California, but then she wouldn't have been so close to her brother and his little family.

But a little joint pain and sensitivity to the sun were nothing compared to the bad days, so she didn't want to complain and just leaned against the van for a moment to relax a little.

"You good?" With a soft thud, Happy landed on the ground a moment after her and furrowed his eyebrows, sensing that something was apparently wrong with the young woman.

But Keira wasn't ready to share her private life with someone she didn't know. Up until now, she still didn't know anything about the man who had been assigned to help her. Working together in the garage was quieter than she had thought, and she had only just realized how quiet Happy really was.

It was a shame, she would've loved to find out more about him, maybe even form a friendship.

"Yeah, I'm fine", she assured him, putting on her best smile. "I just have to get used to the heat here."

"Yeah, it can get pretty hot here." Happy leaned against the van right next to her, kicking a stone with his boot. "If you want I can come with you."

"That's nice, but I can do the rest myself, really. You've already saved my ass, thanks for that by the way", the brunette replied sincerely, surprised at how helpful Happy was. That just showed once again that people should get to know a person first before judging them by their looks. "Can I at least pay you now? After all, you sacrificed five hours of your free time for me."

"Alright. You got Gemma's number in case you change your mind." The SAA said with a shrug. If she wanted to do this on her own, he would let her. When she brought up the money again, his eyes narrowed into an almost stern look. "I'm not taking money from you, I already told you that."

"Jesus, why are you so stubborn?" Keira asked with the slightest hint of a whine as she rubbed a hand over her slightly sweaty face, careful not to ruin her eye makeup.

When she was about to protest, she thought of something else. "Okay, if you don't want to take money, then at least let me invite you to dinner. Tomorrow, here at my place? I'll cook."

Her brother's famous words popped up in her head, hearing them in his thick British accent. 'Don't trust strangers, Keira. You have to be careful.' Archie loved that phrase. Every time, even when there was no reason, he never wasted an opportunity to mention the words.