𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 // 𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧

DESPITE HER BROTHER'S worries and trust issues, Keira hadn't called off dinner with Happy

DESPITE HER BROTHER'S worries and trust issues, Keira hadn't called off dinner with Happy. Instead, the smell of home-cooked food, Shepard's Pie, wafted through the kitchen in her small house, which now, after many months, finally looked like a home.

The kitchen wasn't big, but not small either, so there was enough space to cook and bake, both of which Keira liked to do when she found the timeᅳ which was rather difficult at the moment. But that was okay, after all, her little business had priority.

What came first, however, was her cat, Cinnamon. After straightening the last cushions on the cozy, white couch, she scooped the white ball of fur into her arms.

"Behave yourself tonight, aye?", she cooed lovingly, stroking the relatively petite cat's fur. "Okay, I have to get going. You'll get more cuddles later."

She gently set Cinnamon down on the floor, whereupon the cat meowed and roamed through the house on its soft paws, always looking for a comfortable place to relax.

Keira quickly swept the dark wooden floors before she put the broom back in the storage room and then took care of feeding her snake. Just like Cinnamon, this one was also white, which was rather rare.

But when the young woman passed by the terrariums in a pet shop to get something for Cinnamon, she was immediately impressed by the snake, which had had its own terrarium in the house for a few months now, big enough for three snakes.

After everything was done and the food and the dessert, an apple crumble, were done, Keira took a quick look at the clock in her kitchen. She still had twenty minutes, enough time to change her outfit.

Humming softly, the brunette strolled into her bedroom, bathing for a moment in the warm sunlight that shone through the large window before opening her closet. Since it was finally a bit cooler, although still relatively warm compared to England autumns, Keira chose a beige turtleneck sweater and a dark red dress to put over it, with nude-colored tights underneath.

She threw her old clothes into the laundry basket next to the closet before slipping into her new ones and removing the clip from her hair. Like a waterfall they flowed down her back in waves and ended just above her tailbone. A little mascara, lipstick and blush and she was done.

Right on time, she heard the quiet rumble of a bike. Keira took one last look in the mirror and nodded contentedly. Whatever the reason, she wanted to look goodᅳ after all, Happy was an attractive man and part of her hoped that he thought the same about her.

The brunette hurried to the door when there was a knock and opened it with a kind smile, friendly as always as she stepped aside. "Hi! Come in, the food's already ready."

"Hey", Happy rasped as he entered the house, his chin lifted slightly as he looked around the small house.

As expected, it actually wasn't much bigger than the garage outside, at least not at first glance. Right next to the door was the open living room. The couch was in one corner, the TV was hanging on the opposite wall and the only other thing there was was the dining table in the other corner and a terrarium.