Chapter 3

Students began filing in making their way to the Great Hall after arriving from the carriages. Lily had parted ways with Aniles and Severus after arriving to the Great Hall. Of course not before reminding Aniles to not stay up too late. Just as fast Aniles and Severus parted ways without a single glance at one another.

   Serverus making his way to sit with group of pureblood friends after spotting Lucius Malfoy. Aniles on the other hand made her way to sit at the far end of the table closest the the entrance. Finding herself sitting across from Regulus Black.

   Aniles and Regulus are close, more so emotionally. One could even say their friends. Close friends. They're friendship had sparked back when Aniles was in her 4th year and Regulus had been in his 2nd. She had found him alone one late night in the common room after returning from the kitchens with a warm batch of cookies. Aniles had taken notice of his red colored eyes and tear stained cheeks illuminated by the chimney fire. It reminded her of a small vulnerable child in need of comfort, which would probably be spot on. She silently made her way towards him, he kept his eyes on her the whole way. A small attempt at aiming a glare at her which only made Aniles chuckle mentally. It had reminded her of a feisty kitten. She had extended her hand offering him a warm cookie. Somehow that single act of kindness had caused him to break down once again. Aniles sat by him the whole time, while holding him, he cried to her and released all the pent up frustration he had endured in his home over the summer and the many years before. Telling her everything. Little did Aniles know, that cookie was the first experience Regulus had received from a genuine act of kindness. That night he was nothing but a small child needing to be comforted. Not the son of a pureblood family or a stoic emotionless son, but simply a little boy who needed a shoulder to lean on.

   Back to the present, once Aniles had made herself her dish, Regulus greeted with a small "Hello." Aniles giving him a nod of acknowledgement. They had begun conversing about their time over the summer, more so only Aniles. She didn't inch forward to ask about his summer, already having an idea about how it could've gone.

   Soon enough McGonagall had made her way into the hall, with a crowd of tiny first years right behind her. Aniles had a ghost smile, seeing that had reminded her of a duck and her ducklings following their mother. Soon the sorting had begun and was over just as fast. Simply because she has zoned out and focused on eating for majority of it.

   Soon the dinner was over and the Prefects had made their way to lead the first years into the common rooms. As Aniles and Regulus were making their way out the Great Hall, he had pulled her aside. "Can we talk later? When the common rooms empty, I'd like to discuss something with you." He said, in a quiet and raspy voice. Aniles had taken notice in the way his hand he was using to tug her arm was slightly shaking. "Of course, I'll make my way down once I freshen up okay." With that, he nods in understanding and they both make their way to their common room and up to their dorms.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hello, author here!

Sorry for the sudden pause on uploading, I wasn't so sure if I should continue on my writing but I sudden had this motivation at like 2 am so now I'm here uploading. :3

Sorry again if the chapters are too short, I'm trying to keep you guys on your toes with the tiny cliff hangers >:]

But with that I'll move on to the next chapter!!!! Have a great read!!!