Chapter 150

With a thunderous noise, something erupted within Meng Qi. Her eyes, originally a clear amber color, now shimmered with a strange red light. It was as if something was burning and struggling within; threatening to tear her body apart from inside.

Very painful!

And very hot!

But compared to before, the current situation was already much better. The Karmic Fire Red Lotus continued to ravage her spiritual sea, but the sensation of being consumed whole by scorching heat had gradually diminished.

“Ugh—” the mysterious entity finally spoke again, seemingly annoyed. “How boring you are, little girl!”

Meng Qi snorted softly, paying no mind to the other party’s annoyance. The golden lotus burning within her finally began to calm down, slowly settling atop her spiritual sea, floating just like a lotus blossoming on the water’s surface. She exhaled slowly, still somewhat confused about what was happening. At least, however, it seemed like she had passed the test.

Meng Qi scanned the golden lotus with her spiritual consciousness. Was it hers now? As if responding to her, the small petals gently swayed, no longer emitting the scorching heat but instead a cooling sensation. This coolness spread through her spiritual sea, eventually enveloping her inner core, gradually removing impurities bit by bit.

Huh? Meng Qi observed quietly. So, this karmic fire could actually purify her golden core? She knew the benefits of such purification. As cultivators advanced, especially during tribulations, an unstable Dao heart or weak foundation could easily lead to qi deviation with devastating consequences. So far, Meng Qi had been cautious, advancing step by step, but her last breakthrough from the Golden Core to the Nascent Soul stage was a bit rushed, and her foundation might not have been as solid.

For this reason, she had already planned to prepare thoroughly for the next breakthrough to the Spirit Severing stage. She would gather a plethora of rare treasures and artifacts to aid her, along with ample medicinal pills. If necessary, she could even hire stronger cultivators to protect her during the process.

However, if the Karmic Fire Red Lotus could indeed purify her core, her confidence was bolstered. Meng Qi couldn’t help feeling elated. Just obtaining this item made her journey to the Ten Absolutes Mountain worthwhile!

“Senior,” Meng Qi spoke up, feeling a sense of gratitude toward the mysterious speaker. She bowed in all directions and spoke loudly, “Thank you.”

“Hmph,” the voice snorted, “Thank me for what? But…” his tone turned curious, “When did you realize it?”

Realize what? Meng Qi was puzzled but didn’t voice her question.

“To encounter the Karmic Fire Red Lotus, one must meet several conditions. Firstly, of course, your heart must be resolute in its pursuit of the Dao. Typically, those who enter the Ten Absolutes Mountain can meet this requirement,” the voice explained.

Meng Qi nodded. She couldn’t help but inwardly check on the lotus floating in her spiritual sea. The golden petals appeared delicate and tender—who would have thought this ancient relic possessed such wondrous properties?

“Secondly,” the voice continued, “your Dao must also be pure. Nothing else can influence it, and no matter what you’ve experienced, your initial heart towards the Dao can’t have changed even slightly. Hmm… this isn’t too difficult either. A large portion of the youngsters who come here every ten years are well-protected, probably never knowing what worldly suffering is.”