ASF-X Shinden II

A fictional fighter aircraft derived from the Ace Combat series. Likewise, it had forward swept wings with short canards and a pair of angled twin-tails, powered with a single jet engine capable of super cruise. The Shinden's armaments were placed internally to maintain its stealth-like capabilities. To strengthen naval air power, the Shinden was refitted into a STOL/CATOBAR capable fighter aircraft so it would be able to take off from light aircraft carriers and regular aircraft carriers alike.

This aircraft was exported to the UK, as it was designated as "F-3 Shinden", the Royal Navy/Royal Air Force's version of the Shinden. They also provided more air power for the UK, and with their stealth, they can also cruise fast enough without being detected by radar, invisible enough to intercept any intruding aircraft which violated British airspace.

The Shinden, like its namesake means "Magnificent Lightning" and the name also refers to the Kyushu J7W aircraft of the Imperial Japanese Navy. This aircraft both served in the navy and airforce, especially for those who are looking for the best air superiority fighter. It was also helped Japan to counter against Chinese licensed built J-11 and J-15 fighters which both are based on Su-27 and Su-33 Flanker aircraft. Future conflicts would be inevitable if Japanese Shindens would square off against Chinese Flankers.

Model:

Armament:

Armament:

1 x 20mm right mounted rotary cannon

4 x heat seeking air-to-air missiles

2 x radar guided air-to-air missiles

4 x long range air-to-ground missiles

24 x rocket launchers

Countermeasures