Chapter 9: The Heart Of The Moment

Words : 1491
༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

The air was cool in the mountains, the campfire crackling as the group sat around, enjoying each other's company. Taehyung, unaware of the existence of an alter ego, was his usual self-playful, kind, and warm. He hadn't yet confessed his feelings to Jungkook, but he wasn't worried. He believed there was a time for everything and that the right moment would come.

Jungkook, however, was struggling, his face clouded with worry as he stared at his phone. Taehyung had noticed how Eunwoo's toxic behavior had been ruining Jungkook's mood throughout their vacation. He couldn't stand to see his friend suffer any longer.

"Koo," Taehyung said softly, leaning closer to Jungkook, "if you don't mind, can hyung help you?"

Jungkook looked up, his eyes filled with uncertainty. "Help me how, hyung?"

"I've noticed that Eunwoo has been ruining your mood during our vacation," Taehyung replied, his tone gentle yet firm. "As your well-wisher, I want you to just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and do as I say."

Jungkook hesitated, defending Eunwoo out of habit. "Hyung, no! He's not that bad."

Taehyung shook his head. "If you keep letting him slide with these actions, he'll only keep hurting you. And that means hurting yourself. So it's up to you-to destroy yourself or to save yourself."

Jungkook stared at Taehyung, the words sinking in. For the first time, he really listened. Tears welled up in his eyes, and he finally broke down, his shoulders shaking with sobs. Everyone around the campfire immediately turned to him, concern etched on their faces.

"What happened, Koo?" they asked in unison, but Jungkook just cried harder, unable to speak.

Without saying a word, Jungkook handed his phone to Taehyung, a silent plea for help. The group looked at Taehyung with confusion, wondering what was going on.

Taehyung took the phone and scrolled through the horrible messages between Jungkook and Eunwoo. The disrespect was glaring, and his heart ached for Jungkook. He looked back at Jungkook, who gave him a small nod, giving Taehyung permission to share the truth.

"Can I show them too, Koo?" Taehyung asked gently.

Jungkook nodded again, finally giving up on holding onto the meaningless relationship.

One by one, the group read the messages, their faces twisting with anger and disbelief. "That bastard!" J-Hope yelled, his voice filled with rage. The group exploded in fury, taking turns to call Eunwoo and curse him out, their voices ringing through the night as they blasted his ears with every insult they could muster.

Taehyung, meanwhile, sat next to Jungkook, wrapping a comforting arm around him. "It's okay, Koo. Let it out and let it go. Cry it all out. I am with you, we all are."

Jungkook leaned into Taehyung, sobbing harder, but there was relief in his tears. "Thank you, hyung..." he whispered, feeling a deep sense of gratitude.

Hours passed as the group vented their anger, the shouts and curses eventually giving way to a calm silence. Taehyung took Jungkook's phone and handed it back to him.

"Block him," Taehyung said firmly.

Jungkook looked up, surprised. "W-What?"