Chapter 1

Aria's POV

I walked quietly through the school hallway, minding my own business, when I overheard two girls talking about me.

"Hey, is that the new girl?" Here we go again. New school, new rumours. Can they at least leave me alone for once? I thought, rolling my eyes as I continued walking. Well, being the only child of the CEO of a car company, being left alone is impossible.

I wandered around, trying to find my classroom in this humongous school. I still don't understand why my father transferred me here. My life in the United States was better. I don't know why he had to bring me all the way to India. It's my last year, anyway. I can survive this... hopefully.

Finally, I found my classroom, but as I entered, I was stopped by a middle-aged woman wearing glasses and a floral-printed... dress? I couldn't quite figure out what it was called-maybe some traditional Indian clothing.

"Ms. Edwards, you are late," her cold, icy voice pierced through the classroom. Faint murmurs from the students filled the air, but I didn't pay much attention to them. I was too busy getting nervous in front of this intimidating woman. Embarrassed on the first day? What luck, I thought bitterly.

"I apologize. I had a hard time finding the classroom," I said sincerely. I swear, I have a bad feeling about this school. I feel like I don't belong here.

"Please come and introduce yourself to the class, Ms. Edwards," the woman commanded, and I cursed her under my breath. Why did I need to introduce myself when everyone here already knew who I was? But I couldn't argue with this terrifying woman.

Reluctantly, I stepped forward and stood beside her, facing all the students. "My name is Aria Edwards. I'm 17. I moved here from the United States because of my father's work." I blurted it all out in one breath, desperate to get it over with.

"Go sit beside Aksh," she said, pointing to a boy sitting at the back of the class. He didn't bother to look up as I nodded and made my way to the desk next to him. I sat down and noticed him scribbling something.

He had a charming mix of features. His soft, tousled hair fell effortlessly into place, with a few strands playfully resting on his forehead. His hair, perfectly disheveled, framed his face in a way that made him seem both untouchable and irresistibly intriguing. His deep brown eyes, sharp and unreadable, carried a cool distance, but there was something undeniably striking about him-a quiet intensity that made people curious.

Despite his meticulously buttoned uniform and perfect tie, there was a subtle hint of rebellion in the confident way he carried himself. He was quite attractive, with sharp features just softened enough to make him seem approachable, but there was a barrier around him-a cool, aloof air that made others hesitate to approach.

I analyzed his features. He's definitely not my type, but I had to admit he was handsome. His dark brown eyes, thick eyebrows, rosy cheeks, and red lips... Gosh, this guy is prettier than me!

After contemplating for a few minutes, I decided to break the silence. "Hey! I'm Aria. I heard your name is Aksh."

...

Did he just ignore me? I thought, surprised when he didn't respond or even bother to look at me. Is he deaf?

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying my luck again, thinking maybe he hadn't heard me the first time.

...

Did he just ignore me again? Now my ego was hurt. He had just ignored the Aria Edwards-not once, but twice!