Top 10 Wealthiest Footballers in the World

10. Ronaldo Luís Nazário - $160 Million

Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima, a Brazilian football legend, is celebrated as one of the sport's all-time greats. He became the most expensive player at 21 and the youngest Ballon d'Or winner. Beyond football, Ronaldo has focused on humanitarian work as a UN goodwill ambassador, amassing a $160 million net worth.

9. Wayne Rooney - $170 Million

Wayne Rooney, a retired English footballer, gained international recognition as a teenager at Manchester United, becoming the Premier League's youngest goal scorer at the time. Throughout his career, Rooney won 13 trophies with Manchester United, including a FIFA Club World Cup title, before retiring in 2021.

Net Worth$170 MillionTeamD.C. UnitedRecordsEngland's second-most-capped player and second-highest goalscorerAwardsMLS Best XI, FIFPro World Young Player of the Year and second highest goalscorerBooksWayne Rooney: My Decade in the Premier League(autobiography)MovieROONEY (Netflix Series)

8. Kylian Mbappe - $180 Million

Kylian Mbappé, a dynamic French forward for Paris Saint-Germain and the national team, has achieved incredible success at a young age. With 4 Ligue 1 titles, 3 Coupe de France titles, and a Golden Boot, he's a dominant force. His friendship with Achraf Hakimi and rivalry with Messi, especially highlighted during the 2022 World Cup, have captivated fans worldwide.

Net Worth$180 MillionTeamLigue 1 Club Paris Saint-GermainRecordsFour goals in two appearances in the FIFA World Cup finalsAwardsFIFA World Cup Golden Boot, Golden Boy, Kopa TrophyBooksKylian Mbappe: World Soccer Star and more7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - $190 Million

Zlatan Ibrahimović, a retired Swedish striker, is renowned for his acrobatic strikes, technique, and ball control. Playing mainly for AC Milan, he's scored over 560 goals and is Sweden's all-time leading scorer with 62 goals. Zlatan is also the seventh richest footballer in the world.

Net Worth$190 MillionTeamSerie A Club AC MilanRecordsOldest Player ever to score in Serie A, Greatest Striker of All-TimeAwardsBest MLS Player ESPY Award, FIFA Puskas, Golden Foot, Serie A Player of the YearBooksI Am Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Autobiography)MovieAsterix & Obelix: The Middle Kingdom (Cameo)6. Neymar Jr. - $200 Million

Neymar Jr., a Brazilian forward for PSG, is celebrated as one of Brazil's greatest footballers. His career highlights include two La Liga titles, three Copa del Rey titles, and the 2015 UEFA Champions League with Barcelona. Neymar's friendship with Lionel Messi and his contributions to Brazil's Olympic gold and Copa América wins are especially noted.

Net Worth$200 MillionTeamParis Saint-GermainRecordsYoungest Player to reach 100 caps for Brazil, All-time highest scorer for Santos, and many moreAwardsBallon D'Or, FIFA Puskas, Player of the Year and many moreBooksNeymar: My Story: Conversations With My FatherMovieNeymar: The Perfect Chaos5. Dave Whelan - $210 Million

Dave Whelan, a former English footballer born in 1936, played as a winger for Blackburn Rovers and Crewe Alexandra. Notably, he won the Football League Third Division North title with Blackburn in 1959–60. After retiring in 1966, he achieved business success, founding Wigan Athletic, where he served as owner and chairman for 20 years. Whelan's current net worth is $210 million.

Net Worth$210 MillionTeamBlackburn Rovers and Crewe AlexandraAwardsFreedom of the Borough4. David Beckham - $450 Million

David Beckham, an iconic attacking midfielder, excelled for Manchester United, Real Madrid, LA Galaxy, AC Milan, and Paris Saint-Germain. With 19 major trophies, including 6 Premier League titles, a La Liga title, and an MLS Cup, Beckham retired in 2013. He remains highly respected and is the fourth-richest footballer, with a net worth of $450 million.

Net Worth$450 MillionTeamManchester UnitedRecordsOnly Player to Win League titles in 4 countries and moreAwardsPremier League Player of the Month, BBC Sports Personality of the Year and moreBooksBeckham: My World3. Cristiano Ronaldo - $500 Million

Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, captain of the Portugal national team and forward for Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia, is the third richest footballer globally with a net worth of $500 million. A five-time Ballon d'Or winner, Ronaldo is often compared to Lionel Messi, fueling a legendary rivalry. He holds the record as the all-time leading goal scorer in international football.

Net Worth$500 MillionTeamAI NassarRecordsHighest goal-scorer in football and many othersAwardsEuropean Golden Shoe, FIFA Ballon D'Or and moreBooksCristiano Ronaldo: The Rise of a WinnerMovieCristiano Ronaldo: The World at its Feet2. Lionel Messi - $600 Million

Lionel Messi, with a net worth of $600 million, is the second richest footballer globally. The Argentine forward for PSG and national team captain has a record eight Ballon d'Or awards. Widely recognized for his legendary skills, Messi's influence extends beyond football, inspiring books and films about his extraordinary career.

Net Worth$600 MillionTeamParis-Saint Germain (PSG)RecordsMost Balloon D'Or Award, Most Liga Goals and moreAwardsWorld Soccer Player of the Year, FIFA Balloon D'Or, and many other prestigious awardsBooksThe "GOAT" Messi and moreMovieLionel Messi: The Greatest1. Faiq Bolkiah - $20 Billion

Faiq Bolkiah, the world's richest footballer with a $20 billion net worth, hails from Brunei's royal family. He plays for Chonburi F.C. in Thailand and the Brunei national team. Despite his vast wealth, largely inherited, Bolkiah earns just $1,000 weekly from football and currently serves as Maritimo's midfielder.

Net Worth$20 BillionTeamChonburi F.C., Thailand