𝟬𝟬𝟭, the one-night stand

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭|
📍 nightclub, downtown.
3 july 2021

THERE WAS NO DENYING that distractions were a relief, a way to take your mind off things—even if it meant doing something you might regret later. Words can't quite capture it; actions tell the story better.

And at parties, distractions were everywhere. Music pulsed through the speakers, lights flashed, and people danced like they were escaping from their own thoughts. It was the one place where the noise of everyday life seemed to fade, and the present moment took center stage. For me, losing myself in the crowd became a way to forget everything else.

Truth be told, there were things a girl like me loved and a lot of things I hated, but getting hungover the next day put parties at the top of my most hated list. I wasn't a fan—the constant music blaring through my ears and boys hitting on me, annoy me more than anything. But over the past few years, I've grown to accostum it, for my friends.

Me and my girls have always been different. They loved attention, the socializing. They were the most outgoing people I'd ever known, maybe that's why they loved clubbing—meeting new people. Something I hated. I was always the quiet, reserved one, only talkative with people I felt comfortable around—and that was rare.

But tonight? Maybe it was the alcohol, or maybe I was just exhausted from work after a long week but I felt diffrent. Either way, a girls' night out was exactly what I needed.

As the song came to an end, the girls slowed down, catching their breath. A slow song replaced the fast tempo, and I sighed. Not my vibe. While they clapped excitedly, searching for someone to dance with, I made a beeline for the bar, craving something cold.

But me being out of it, I accidentally stumbled into someone, nearly knocking them over.

"Take it easy," a soft voice said, strong hands gripping my waist to steady me. His touch lingered for a second longer than necessary, sending a shiver up my spine.

I blinked, looking up, and my eyes met his—dark and intense. My pulse quickened, as I took in the sharp line of his jaw, the way his lips curved ever so slightly into a smirk.

"You okay?" he asked, still holding me steady.

"Yeah, sorry," I mumbled, "Wasn't paying attention."

"No harm done."

He didn't let go of my waist as he leaned in just a little, close enough that I could feel the heat of his breath against my skin. "What's a pretty girl like you doing alone out here?" he asked. His eyes never left mine, and there was something about his tone—smooth, confident—that made my stomach flip.

I straightened up, brushing his hands off me but not moving too far away. "You think I'm pretty?" I asked, feigning innocence as a sly smile tugged at my lips. Catching the amused look that spread across his face. His eyes softened, but there was still a playful glint in them, like he knew exactly what game we were playing.

"Is that all you took from that sentence?" he raised his eyebrow, a grin appearing on his face.

"It's the only part worth hearing." I shrugged as we rounded the bar, the warm lights casting a soft glow on his face. "So... are you gonna tell me why you're following me, or should I be worried that you're planning to kidnap me?" I asked, crossing my arms, leaning back against the bar.

His eyes widened in shock, "Kidnap? No, absolutely not. Do I look like a kidnapper?"

I gave him a slow once-over, my lips curling into a smirk I couldn't hold back. "I mean, the all-black outfit is kinda giving off those vibes."