Chapter 20

Grace's POV

I ring the doorbell of my parents house as I and Ace wait outside the door and in the next few seconds the door opens and my mom stands in front of us, as usual her eyes scanning us.
"Good evening, Mrs. Myers."

Ace greets her with a polite nod and she nods back. I greet her with a warm smile and hand her the lemon cheesecake that I prepared.

"Mother, I've prepared lemon cheesecake for dessert."

She raised her brow as she stepped aside letting us in the house and took the cheesecake from my hands.
"Since when do you know how to bake?"

I blinked looking at her, disappointment filled my voice as I replied softly.

"Mother, I took cooking classes for a year."

Does she not remember I took cooking classes during my college days just because she told me to as a girl should know how to cook perfectly.

She nods slightly as Ace walks behind us and we both walk inside further towards the dining room.

"Oh yes I remember. But you didn't have to, we already have tiramisu for dessert."

"Tiramisu? You prepared it?"

"Nope, Nick's girlfriend did."
She replied as we both followed her towards the dining room and I looked at her confused.

Did he bring another girl home as his girlfriend but he never brings any girl to family dinner.

I thought to myself and stopped in my tracks when I saw father, Nick, and his girlfriend sitting around the dinning table and I could hear Ace's steps stopped too.

"Priscilla?"

I look at her confused. She's Nick's girlfriend! Since when?

"Hey, step sister-in-law, and stepbrother."
She spoke slyly as she leaned against the table with a smirk playing on her lips.

"What are you doing here?"
Ace's stern voice startled me as he approached towards her.

"Enjoying a nice family dinner with my boyfriend."
She said encircling her arms around Nick's arm.

Ace just glared at both of them knowing how much of a troublemaker they both are, he didn't believe the idea that they are both actually dating. I walked towards Ace and slightly brushed my fingers over his tight fist and it loosened slightly as he turned his head to look at me.

"Let's take a seat.. please."

I mumbled requesting him, not wanting to create a scene here.

He exhaled sharply and took the empty seat in front of my brother and I sat beside him. We all settled and the food was served by the housekeeper.
And we all silently started eating, father and Nick exchanged a word about their business talks rest all of us remained quiet, eating in peace when the salad finished and Priscilla whined childishly about it.

"Grace, go and get some salad for Priscilla."
My father spoke sternly and I looked at him and Priscilla as she gave me a look and I placed the silverware down and as I tried to get up, Ace's strong hand held mine making me sit down as he stopped eating himself.

"She is perfectly capable of taking it on her own or the housekeeper will serve her. Grace is not leaving her meal in between."
He spoke sternly looking at my father and he paused as he raised his brow at Ace and looked up from his plate and I could see him getting angry.

"Did you just defy my orders, Grace? Get up. Now!"
He spoke again his voice stern and annoyed as he stared at Ace sharply but his grip tightened on my hand as he intertwined his fingers with mine preventing me from standing up from my seat.