Chapter 2 : A New Dawn

In the morning, Suzuno’s eyes fluttered open as sunlight filtered through the window. He groaned softly and murmured to himself, “Is it already morning?”

Sitting up on the bed, he rubbed his eyes to clear away the remnants of sleep. The soft light and the gentle warmth of the morning sun began to energize him as he prepared to start his day.

Suzuno stood up and prepared his things, readying himself for the day ahead. He made his way down the stairs and headed towards the dining area.

Garret, the innkeeper, greeted him with a warm smile. “Good morning, Suzuno! I’ve prepared a hearty breakfast for you.”

Suzuno took a seat at the table, and Garret set down a plate of delicious-looking food and a refreshing drink. “How was your room?” Garret asked as he poured some coffee.

“It was very comfortable, thank you,” Suzuno replied, taking a moment to savor the meal.

Garret nodded in agreement. “I’m glad to hear that.”

As Suzuno enjoyed his breakfast, Garret inquired,

“Do you have any plans for today? Are you thinking about taking a quest?”

Suzuno shook his head slightly.

“I think I’ll start by walking around the town. I want to get to know the area and the people before diving into anything.”

Garret chuckled softly.

“That sounds like a good plan. Take your time and explore at your own pace.”

Suzuno nodded, feeling reassured by Garret’s friendly advice. He finished his meal and prepared to head out, eager to begin his exploration of the town.

As Suzuno wandered through the town, he admired the bustling vendors and the lively crowd. He took in the sights and sounds, enjoying the vibrant atmosphere.

Suddenly, he spotted Mr. Janoel walking in his direction. Janoel greeted him warmly, “Good morning, Suzuno.”

Suzuno smiled and replied, “Good morning, Mr. Janoel. I wanted to thank you for helping me stay at the inn.”

Janoel waved it off. “It was just a small portion of what I could do. No need to mention it.”

Suzuno noticed Janoel glancing around, a hint of concern in his eyes. “Is something wrong?”

Janoel shook his head. “It’s nothing.”

At that moment, Anne came running from afar, calling out, “Dad!”

Janoel’s face brightened with a smile as he turned to his daughter. Anne, noticing Suzuno beside her father, suddenly blushed deeply and came to a halt. She composed herself and approached with more decorum.

“Father, the goods are all prepared,” Anne said, her cheeks still flushed as she glanced briefly at Suzuno before focusing on her father.

Janoel turned to Suzuno with a thoughtful expression.

"Well, I need to go prepare things for our trip to the South Kingdom," he said, adjusting his coat.

Suzuno nodded in understanding.

"Safe travels, Mr. Janoel."

Janoel smiled, but before leaving, he added,

"Oh, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to write me a letter. Who knows, maybe I'll even leave Anne here with you."

Anne's face flushed a deep red as she lightly smacked her father on the arm.

"Father, stop it! You're just joking!" she exclaimed, clearly embarrassed.