Chapter 9: Time Always Moves Forward

We left Idaho and made it mostly through Wyoming before running out of gas in which we stopped at a gas station in Wyoming, Cheyenne. The gas station was called "Pass N Go" and was pretty run down from the outside as well as in the inside with shelves tipped over and the registers empty and torn open. Thankfully due to Steph's ability she was able turn some of the mechanisms on the inside of the pump to start the gas to pour out into the SUV when we heard something on the radio that startled us.

"If anyone is out there,  ANYONE. I'm trapped inside of a Radio Broadcast Station named "WKYZ 104.1" located in Grand Island, Nebraska. I have a horde of demons surrounding the building with one that can speak our language!"

The message repeated not as if it was a looped message but you could tell that it was him repeating himself as his tone would change every so often. I checked the car and was full and that's when I signaled Stephanie to come back inside the car and she did so with haste. I started the car and started heading East towards Nebraska and during the car ride I asked Steph

"You think we should help him?"

To which she looked at me which her deep dark Hazel eyes with her hair blowing in the wind and I could read the answer on her face without her saying a word and yet she said

"What kind of god would you be if you don't?"

I chuckled at her response and stated myself

"Not a good one"

I sped up the car and we took off in the distance heading toward our next disaster just waiting for our unprecedented souls.

*6 Hours Later*

We made it to Grand Island, NE with post haste to the message that had been broadcasting and what we found was a city where houses hardly stood and stores being crumbled to bits was the new normal. The wave between angels and demons had passed and all I saw were frightened human beings walking around trying to find a place to call home and yet to no avail could they find one. Parents holding their kids while trying not to get cut on the rubble just so they could find a safe place for their little ones and it made me feel so sad where my heart started to ache for them and I wanted to fix this as soon as I possibly could.
Steph looked more worried than I had and yet we kept pushing forward to the one building out of a few that was left still standing "WKYZ 104.1". From where we were standing level surface miles ahead of us we could see the almost endless horde of demons and in the front near the building was a big demon that looked...stronger than the demons I've fought till this point.

I looked at Steph and told her with as much reassurance that a guy could give to someone he cares deeply for

"I will NOT let anything happen to you again, okay?"

She nodded and gave me a kiss on the cheek and after she did I gave her a kiss on her forehead and patted her head. We both then looked forward to the almost endless horde and both started running. Steph was levitating all the metal she could gather together while she ran ready for a frontal attack whereas I used my blood manipulation to control at least 1/4th of the army's blood and with that 1/4 collapsed due to the boiling blood within their veins after which I had the blood escape from almost every pore it could from all their bodies and that left me with a massive heap of blood at which point I used to make a cage around the army and me as well as Steph. No demon was going to be escaping this time on my watch unless it was to the afterlife but that sure didn't stop the demons from trying their hardest to escape. A few of the tried running through the cage or attacking it but the blood is very toxic and dissolving so anything that came into contact with it would turn into a head of toxic slime. Not long after they figured out escape was near impossible dozens of Steph's metal Rebars fly above my head at alarming speeds and started impaling demons 1 by 1 by 1 until already at one point half of the army was dealt with. The other half charged at us and that's when Steph jumped into my arms and I used blood teleport to teleport us behind the big guy and when he turned around he looked surprised to see us there but before he could react I used blood teleport again but teleported him on top of the radio station and with that all that was left were the little minions that couldn't hold their own against people like us.