Untitled Part 1

Celebrating debased dream.

Independence day rears its head again and celebrations to begin anew. Over the decades oil booms have touched us, along with the subsequent oceans of cash.

Citizens behold when shut eyes awaken are galvanize houses of wood, in fact often reach middle age and a home out of reach; children of low education and manners; police that ignore complaints, who they pay to protect; vagrants lining streets in numbers their madness laid bare; the average joe feel the strain of little wealth despite working full time, who in turn see the corpses every-which way, the majority young men of no prospect; citizens feel the bullets impacting them especially if innocent; languish in one of our free hospitals; technology equating that of "third world" unlike Japan's "first world."

Put ears to the ground and common word is: with all the money that pass through everyone should live "comfortable."

Technically known as "middle class." Not rich, poor neither. Road should pave smooth; your house big enough for a family; a car in your garage; university attainable; money in the bank.

Oceans of cash still lap our shores. Not a sign of investing in non oil sectors, put another way "economic diversification." Decades ago plenty chance to do it then. The nation would be transformed well before now.

Walking the road, water emanating from leaky water pipes beneath, destroyed them. My shoes touch muddy tracks of dirt. Meanwhile in a deal our pitch patches Chinese roads thousands of miles off our shores. Even our well to do areas have roads like that.

The most basic of responsibility that reverses the "sixth worst crime rate world wide" is - poverty gone, crime down. The wealth present to do ANY good for the country should the will burn bright.

Its a dream all right, dressed up in a nightmare.