59. LOOK DON'T TOUCH

Go ahead check whatcha want,

Don't check the price, not aloud

It was lunch break when your group was in the hallway, brainstorming on alternative ways to win the deal. Jack rolled the ball first, revealing a plan you didn't know they were planning about.

You were really off your game huh? These last few days, you've already acted so out of character, fighting for others you don't know, making a risky deal.. you weren't even the one with the wheel right now, Jack and Grim were the ones who discussed ideas.

Oh god.. what should you do?

"Find a way to destroy the contracts? Well, that beats seeing those guys again, but that's pretty cowardly..." Ace pitched in, you were a bit shocked, Grim, sure yeah, he looks like a raccoon that would break shit just because it was convenient, but Jack? That's a surprise...

"Grrr shut up! do you really think we have the luxury of not being cowardly right now?! Those guys were more slimy than mint jelly!"

Jack nodded, crossing his big arms, "Yeah, and its not like we're disrespecting anything, if anything, Azul's being the coward here, sending us down there only to have his minions stop us... not even bother got show up himself."

"ironic." You comment passively, sparing the tall male a side glance.

Jack huffed in retaliation, "Leona may not be the best, but he's still the 'genius command tower', but I think it's still worth a shot."

You could hear Deuce sigh next to you, muttering something about the word 'coward'. You looked away, these types of conversations.. you can't tell if you're getting used to them or not because you still have that tearing feeling residing within you.

"Nyah... my fur sticks up whenever I just think about those twins!" Grim complains, jumping into your arms. You rolled your eyes nonchalantly and flicked at his anemone.

"Hmph, well I see no wrong with trying to break the contracts all together, that saves us having to face the leech twins as eels again," you commented, Ace then perked up with his own two cents.

"Hey.. if those two were mermen, wouldn't it be easy to say that Azul is one too?"

"Oh yeah, didn't Leona call him an 'octo-punk'?" Grim asked, peeking at Jack, to which he nodded, springing a reaction from Deuce.

"Seriously? If the leech brothers were powerful on their own, I don't wanna see Azul in the water..." Deuce mumbled in slight fear and major dread.

"Thats why we're trying to find a way to avoid that outcome! Like Grim said, we don't have the luxury or even time to consider how cowardly it is..!" Jack impatiently said, you sighed.

"Hm, but we first need to find the contracts if we're gonna try and destroy them" Ace shrugged his shoulders, you held your chin with your two fingers and recalled your time in the wretched dorm.

"I might have an idea," you announced calmly.

"Then we should go now, before opening hours" Deuce replied, gesturing to leave the scene ASAP.