Chapter tHrEe

Waking up the next morning I felt oddly calm, but there was something lingering that I couldn't quite place. Not wanting to dwell on it any longer I got ready to leave, ready to just get this encounter over with and taken care of.

Slipping into some casual wear opting for a basic t-shirt accompanied by a pair of jeans I left, hoping in my car and driving toward the address written on the note that I had burned just last night. Parking in the back of the lot at the restaurant I stepped out and proceeded to the front of the building, the restaurant was a mix of inside and outside seating, it almost gave off a more hipster vibe rather than the elegance it was trying to portray.

Glancing around as I walked up to the hostess I figured whoever this was would wait to see me arrive before making an appearance, so I decided to get a table, "Hi, can I get a table for two? And preferably an outside table if possible".

"Yes, please follow me this way," gesturing for me to follow her with a flick of her hand I trailed behind.

Stopping at a table in the far corner, the hostess set down two menus and quietly slipped away after letting me know someone would be with me shortly. Taking a seat facing the rest of the restaurant I noticed it was quite desolate but that worked in my favor for now. Looking out to the right there was a hill on the backside of the restaurant with trees surrounding the area, it looked almost like a park although I didn't see many people around, but then again it could've just been the time of day.

Waiting a few more seconds I then stood up and headed for the bathroom, walking through tables with ease I found the bathroom and quickly entered a stall happy to see the small window above the toilet. Even though it was small it was still big enough for me fit through, with difficulty of course, but nothing would stop me from executing my plan. Sliding the window open I stretched myself as far as I would go sticking one leg out first and flattening myself as much as possible. Once I was finally out of the window I shut it back before heading for the hill and standing near a tree slightly tucked behind it. My eyes were instantly glued to the table I was seated at, but I was starting to grow impatient after waiting longer than I had anticipated.

And then the figure that I saw walk out into the patio area and sit at the table shocked and angered me. Yet, as I steadied myself, I realized that the eventual outcome of this encounter would bring me immense satisfaction, transforming my initial shock and anger into a thrill of anticipation. Observing for a little longer I saw a waitress approach the individual and take an order before walking off. With a manic smile on my face I made my way down the hill keeping on the backside, approaching the outside area I discreetly hoped over the small fence right before the waitress I saw previously make an appearance again, but this time she was carrying two drinks on a tray.

Quickening my pace, I pulled a small pill from my pocket and pretended to run into the waitress. While she was distracted trying to keep the drinks on the tray from falling I slipped the pill into one of the glasses and plucked the other one from the tray.

"So sorry I did not see you there," I said as I placed a hand on her shoulder all the while taking a sip from the glass in my hand and then placing it back on the tray. "Sorry I was just really thirsty and I believe you're actually taking this to my table, um the one over in the corner."

"Oh yes, your date just ordered you a water, I can get you a different drink if you prefer?"

"Oh he's not my date just a friend, but yes actually I'll take a tea unsweetened please, I like to add my own sugar." Cringing inwardly when she mentioned the man sitting at the table being my date, it took every fiber of my being to not call him some choice words but I managed to keep a straight face and respond accordingly.