Chapter 3: Demands

A whole week had passed since Sara had been abducted by the King of Demons himself. No potential Demon Slayers had been brought into the Infinity Castle yet.

How was she getting by?

Well...

She had no clothes to change herself into.

She slept in the main hall of the castle, on the tatami floor (no bedsheets provided).

She ate whatever Kokushibo brought her (usually a basket of plain apples, peaches if he was feeling generous).

All of the demons that passed by looked at her with hungry eyes.

She was surprised none of them attacked her.

What did she learn during that week?

Apparently she was the only known moon breather (they didn't know about her mentor).

Kibutsuji wanted to eradicate Sun Breathing users. Still, he wanted a bunch of Moon Breathing humans for some reason she didn't know. Most likely due to the fact that Moon Breathing was the second strongest breathing but could not harm him too much. 

Kibutsuji thought the humans would either kill themselves or be too scared to train if Kokushibo was their teacher (understandable, bro has 6 eyes and isn't exactly friendly).

Kibutsuji did not kill Sara simply because he did not know any other human moon breathers. However, he still made sure to threaten her with torture in case of non-compliance.

Kokushibo refuses to speak with her unless absolutely necessary.

Kokushibo seems annoyed by the fact that Kibutsuji ordered him to watch her all day every day. He doesn't show it in his face, but Sara can feel an aura of irritation coming from him.

Kokushibo recently told Sara that, when his Master instructs him to, he will be training her so that her Moon Breathing technique becomes optimal. Only that way, she may begin instructing the humans. However, Kibutsuji does not want her to start her training with Kokushibo just yet for unknown reasons.

There is a demon who calls himself Shadow that watches her from the shadowy ends of the corridors whenever she decides to venture outside of the main area of the castle. 

Other than that, Sara spent that first week together alone with Kokushibo doing absolutely nothing. She never saw Kibutsuji again for the whole week. All of the information she gathered was given to her by Kokushibo whenever he felt conversational (2 sentences per day maximum, that is).

After the first week, Sara started getting tired of eating apples, sleeping on the floor of the main hall where demons roamed and not having any changes of clothes.

She sighed. "What can I do, Mr. 6-Eyes? I can't keep living like this? How am I supposed to go through training and then become a trainer under these conditions? I don't even have a room of my own".

Kokushibo, focused on the manuscript he was reading, paid her concerns no mind.

Sara, knowing that he wouldn't reply, kept rambling to herself. "This is it. I'm talking to Mr. Kibutsuji now. I will demand better conditions".

A hint of intrigue and interest sparked into Kokushibo's numerous eyes. He looked at her, curious about her resolution.

"What will it be? I will... ask for a room, like... come on! This castle is huge! There's no way he can't even give me a bedroom for myself".

Kokushibo looked at Sara with his full attention, amused at her ingenuous idea of demanding anything from Kibutsuji Muzan.

"Also, I need more clothes. These ones stink already. He's not gonna like it when he checks on me if I smell like a mischief of rotting rats".