Chapter 5: His Deal

"Something a bit intimate..." Sara repeated his words back to him, as if to confirm that what she heard was right. 

"Yes. You will come to my room every evening and do those... those things you just told me you can do. In return, you get the amenities that you asked for. Plus, freedom to roam around the castle... with Kokushibo or... that weird Shadow guy. Is it a deal then?" He backed slightly and offered his hand for a handshake.

Making a deal with a demon was not on Sara's bucket list, but there she was. Making a deal with the King of Demons himself. She internally shrugged. Listen, whatever gets me a damn room, she thought to herself.

"We have a deal then, Mr. Demon King, Sir" Sara nodded and shook his hand, smiling calmly in an attempt to conceal her absolute disgust and terror. 

Satisfied, Kibutsuji shook her hand for a short while, his lips forming a malicious smirk. "Actually, I have had everything prepared for you ever since you arrived"

"You WHAT"

"Indeed, I just wanted to test you-"

"YOU SON OF A B-"

Kibutsuji covered Sara's mouth, still smiling deviously. "Watch it. Know your place."

Sara uncovered her own mouth by pushing his hand away. "You son of a branch. That's what I was going to say, who are you taking me for, you red-eyed... cat-eyed... pale-ass... whatever"

He slightly raised an eyebrow. He was not even mad, he was just amused. He had never seen anyone act so unhinged towards him. Not even when he was a pathetic weak, sickly human. He started feeling a slight spark of excitement inside of him. Overall, he hated change, but this boredom-curing novelty was interesting to say the least.

"Listen up, buttercup. I'll see you in your room tonight and I'll wash your hair until it shines brighter than the FUCKING SUN. Then, I'll take care of your wavy hair because someone CLEARLY has not informed himself on how to do it properly despite being an OLD man."

He was taken aback by the sudden disrespect. "Wow, I-"

"Ever heard of skincare? Because we're gonna make some GOD DAMN face masks tonight!"

"Fantastic, I-"

"Have you even seen your face? It's giving DULL and we want it to be giving GLAZED."

He looked at her, perplexed. "Now, this is just-"

She interrupted him for the thousandth time "I'm asking Kokushibo to bring everything!"

"HUMAN! LISTEN TO ME!" Kibutsuji's potent voice echoed through the room. Sara, startled, stopped in her tracks and went quiet. After the sudden silence, the demon cleared his throat. "You can't know when night time is because you don't have the sunlight to guide you."

Sara stood there, dumbfounded. "Wha"

"...you knew that, right?" he whispered.

"...yes?" she whispered back. 

"...is it daytime or night time?" he asked, in a whisper again.

"It's daytime" she whispered the answer.

Muzan got closed to her ear and gently breathed in. "Human..." he whispered. "You are WRONG! Your perception of time is EXTREMELY OFF!" 

Sara pushed him off. "DUDE, DON'T YELL IN MY EAR, THE FUCK!"

Muzan laughed loudly and stepped back clapping his hands. "You're so fucking DUMB! How could you fall for that!"

Now it was Sara's turn to feel anger. She massaged her own ear. "You loud-ass BRANCH"