Counterpart R

Flashback: Ethereal Manor

     A certain butler named Stephen Verena was bringing some wine glasses back over to the bar. After he had a certain conflict with one of his friends working in the manor with him. His partner, Ian, comforted him after the conflict got worse though. But the two went to separate rooms for now to get their job finished quicker. When Stephen was making his way to the bar, he heard one of the maids talking with the librarian. He didn't wanna eavesdrop, but the maid and the librarian must've seen him already first.

  "Stephen, there you are! You seem upset, is everything alright?" The librarian named Elora asked.

  "Oh hey Elora, hey Liya, I'm alright, just a bit stressed." Stephen sighed.

  "About what? Did you perhaps get into a conflict with Cassidy again?" The maid, Liya asked.

  "It's not always, this is only the second time we got into a disagreement." Stephen said.

  "That tone of yours doesn't exactly say so." Elora said.

  ".. Well it's not for anyone to bother me about is it? I'll be fine, I'll just put these glasses back." Stephen said.

  "Oh yeah, have you heard? There's gonna be a gala in two weeks. Arden and his son will be there." Elora said.

  "A gala? With the residence owner and his son Venus? I guess that'll be nice." Stephen said.

  "I don't know how I'll feel serving strangers though." Liya said.

  "I'll just be at the library most of the time during the gala. If that's okay with the boss, that is." Elora said.

  "I'm pretty sure we're all requested to be butlers and maids for the gala. Except the chefs and waiters that is." Liya said.

  "Oh, man I won't get used to such a formal, yet a noisy environment." Elora sighed.

  "Oh don't worry Elora, it won't be as bad as last gala! Hopefully." Stephen said.

  "Wait.. I hear something going on at Allura's room. Should we go check?" Liya asked.

  "It doesn't sound good.. come on." Elora said.

     Elora, Stephen, and Liya, went to Allura's room quietly to see what was going on in there. Allura was another one of the maids that work in Ethereal Manor. Meanwhile Cassidy was one of the waiters who normally attends during galas. There are more workers in the manor but.. we'll get to that in a further story. The sounds coming from Allura's room got louder, and they definitely sounded like danger. Liya knocked quietly to see if Allura was in her room.

  "Allura? Are you in there?" Liya asked worriedly.

     The door still wasn't gonna open, and no one seemed to be answering it either.

  "No one's answering!" Liya said.

  "Let's just open the door.." Elora said.

  "Yeah, it's better than to let them get into more danger." Stephen said.

  ".. Allura? Are you in here.. WHAT THE HECK!?" Liya exclaimed.

  "LIYA!? WHAT HAPPENED? AND WHERE'S.. Allura.." Stephen was shocked.

  "RUN.. NOW.." Allura said.

     A huge shadow creature was in Allura's room, it even looked extremely murderous as well. Allura couldn't move anywhere since her leg was fractured. But that memory of Ethereal Manor only stopped there. No one knows what happened to Allura, Stephen, Elora, and Liya after. But they knew that telling the other workers wasn't gonna be so easy..