𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

"The small folk have grown restless"

"they wish to hear news of the Princess, your grace", "Well you tell them she hasn't moved in three days, that'll cheer them right up!". Once news of the attack on Vaelys reached the streets of King's Landing, the small folk had dubbed her 'The Silent Heart' for her sacrifice, and sang prayers for her recovery.

Aegon was pacing, trying to concentrate on his council as if his mind wasn't elsewhere, Three days had passed since the attack, Aegon had stopped trying to get Aemond to attend the council meetings, he refused to leave his wife. Ser Criston scrambles into the room, "Your grace!", he pants out, "What?!", he shouts back, Aegon was unapproachable, his anger taking full control.

"The Princess is awake".

┈┈┈˃̶༒˂̶┈┈┈

Her eyes open, instantly blinded by the sunlight, streaming through the window. Raising her left hand to shield the light, only to gape in horror at the missing limb. Her head was spinning, flashes of a blade and echoes of wailing appear in her mind. Glancing to her right, her eyes become misty as she gazes upon her husband.

Aemond was asleep in a chair next to the bed, his hand wrapped around her right, she squeezes his hand, Aemond subconsciously responding..

Alicent and Helaena had just left after bathing the princess, when Aemond had tried to fall asleep, too afraid to face the nightmares that plagued his dreams, when he felt pressure on his hand, opening his eye, he thought he was dreaming when his connected with her lavender irises.

He stands up hesitantly as she gazes upon him, leaning down he cups her cheek as she nuzzles into it, causing him to chuckle in disbelief. "Vaelys...", he begins to cry, the past three days without her had been excruciating, leaning down he softly kisses her lips, inhaling her scent, before asking "do you need the maesters?"

"........."

she tries to speak, grasping her bandaged throat, she tries to sit up before Aemond softly pushes her back down, caressing her hair, "my sweet, do you remember what happened?" She nods her head, sniffling, her lips in a permanent frown.

"He...cut your ...throat, yes?", He was trying to be as gentle as possible, not wanting to upset her furthermore, Vaelys squeezes her eyes shut, nodding as she begins to sob, staring to understand what he's trying to say, she'd only just gotten her voice, only for it to be cut out from her. "

You won't speak again, my love".

┈┈┈˃̶༒˂̶┈┈┈

An hour had passed since he'd told her everything, she couldn't believe Rhaenyra would do such a thing, she was afraid for her father. Upon the bed, Aemond held Vaelys in his arms as she silently cried, his heart was physically aching. Vaelys suddenly sits up, gagging, she covers her mouth, Aemond immediately understands, grabbing an empty soup bowl, he lifts it to her mouth as she begins to hurl.

"Get the maester!", he bellows to the guards, holding her hair away from her face, "my darling wife", he coos, afraid of her sudden sickness. Pushing away the now full bowl, she grabs his empty hand, placing it on her stomach, "your stomach hurts?" he naively asks.

Vaelys shakes her head no, "babe", she mouths, causing Aemond to almost drop the bowl, "what?", he whispered, she nods with tears in her eyes, "how do you know?", softly caresses her belly. "Dream", she mouths, before motioning for a quill. Aemond frantically searches in the desk drawers as Maester Orwyle rushes in, Aegon, Alicent and Helaena right behind him.

"Vaelys!", They all shout, rushing to the bed, kisses are placed all over her face, as weeping fills the room, "leave my wife", Aemond scolds, a hint of a smile on his face."Princess how are you feeling?", Maester Orwyle openly smiles as he places his palm on her forehead, feeling her temperature, "she's just been sick", Aemond answers for her as she was too busy hugging his crying siblings.

"Sick?, hmm, we must get some fluids in her, solids won't be acceptable for some time." "The left limb will need daily care, you'll need to apply this paste everyday or the skin will rot, the same goes for her throat-" Maester Orwyle and Aemond's voices faded in the background as Vaelys held the crying couple in her arms, Alicent stood by the bed, tears streaming down her face, mumbling under her breath, "Thank you Viserys...".

"Oh gods Vaelys!" Aegon wailed, kneeling from the floor into her lap, gripping her thighs tightly, Helaena couldn't speak, sobbing as she placed her head on her chest, "Vaelys you-", he hiccups, "you saved my boy!", he continues to wail as Aemond ushers Maester Orwyle out of the room, their conversation done.

"Get off her", he scolds as he pulls his siblings off her, Aemond kneels before his wife, handing her the quill and parchment. "Tell me how", he says as she begins to write. Showing him the letter, Aemond begins to breathe heavily, "my father?", Vaelys nods, her eyes filling with tears. Aemond turns to the confused glances of the other three.

Vaelys had written about the dream.

"What is it Aemond?", Alicent asks as she wipes her nose with a handkerchief, he glances to his wife who nods towards him, he begins to pass the note to Helaena, who, without looking, begins to speak, reciting the words from the dream.

"A King he'll be, just like his father before he". Aemond halts a her words, scrunching the letter up in his hand.

"What?", Aegon asks, screwing up his face, "Vaelys is gonna be a mother!", Helaena excitingly explains before hugging Aemond, who doesn't have time to react as she tackles Vaelys to the bed, "he's just like Aemond!", the two girls hug as Alicent and Aegon stand motionless.

"But......you only just...", Vaelys and Aemond had only made love five times since getting married, and they wouldn't have known for months of her pregnancy if Vaelys wasn't a dreamer, but Alicent and Aegon wouldn't understand that.

"Are you doubting my abilities mother?"

┈┈┈˃̶༒˂̶┈┈┈

Aegon's heart was physically aching . Three hours had passed since Vaelys woke up, the pain of her injuries becoming too much, milk of the poppy aiding her to sleep, Helaena staying to keep Aemond company.

Aegon was alone in the King's chambers, feeling sorry for himself. The news of her pregnancy was painful, the woman he loved was gonna be a mother, and his brother was the father.

Too focused on his self pity, Aegon failed to notice the figure creeping in from the entrance of the hidden tunnels, before he knew what was happening, his mouth was roughly covered by a gloved hand, a blade to his throat.

"Scream and I'll take your head", the rough voice snarls in his right ear, Aegon's eyes were wide, horrified as he recognised the voice, his own response, muffled by the hand.

"Daemon?!".