3

Unveiling Layers

Minseo’s POV

I stared at my sketchpad, trying to focus on the lines and shapes that had been filling my mind just a few minutes ago. But my thoughts kept drifting back to Namjoon. Since our dinner by the Han River, I couldn’t stop thinking about him. There was something about the way he listened, really listened, that made me feel seen in a way I hadn’t felt in a long time. His calm presence and deep, thoughtful eyes had left an impression on me.

My phone buzzed on the table, interrupting my thoughts. I glanced at the screen and felt my heart skip a beat when I saw Namjoon’s name. I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself before answering.

“Hello?” I said, my voice sounding a little more breathless than I intended.

“Hey, Minseo. It’s Namjoon,” he replied, his voice warm and familiar. “I hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

I smiled, feeling a flutter in my chest. “No, not at all. I was just finishing up some sketches. How are you?”

“I’m good, thanks,” he said. “I was actually wondering if you’d like to spend the day together. Maybe do something a bit more relaxed and fun?”

I could hear a hint of nervousness in his voice, and it made me smile. It was nice to know that he felt a bit of what I was feeling too. “That sounds wonderful, Namjoon. What did you have in mind?”

“I was thinking we could go to the flea market in Hongdae,” he suggested. “It’s a pretty vibrant place with lots of interesting things to see. After that, we could grab coffee at a little café I know, maybe walk around a bit. What do you think?”

The idea of spending a day exploring the quirky streets of Hongdae with Namjoon sounded perfect. “I love that idea,” I said. “Hongdae sounds perfect. It’s been ages since I’ve been there. I’ll meet you in an hour?”

“Perfect. I’ll see you soon,” he said, and I could hear the smile in his voice.

As I hung up the phone, I felt a rush of excitement. I quickly put away my sketchpad and began to get ready, choosing a simple navy dress and my favorite white sneakers. I wanted to be comfortable, but I also wanted to look nice. I took a quick glance in the mirror, smoothing down my hair and giving myself a little pep talk.

---

Namjoon’s POV

I arrived at the flea market a little early, taking in the vibrant energy of Hongdae. It had been a while since I’d been here, but it felt like coming home. The narrow streets were filled with colorful stalls, each one bursting with unique items—vintage clothes, handmade jewelry, old books, and quirky antiques. The smell of street food wafted through the air, making my stomach rumble. I wondered what Minseo would think of this place.

As I waited, I saw her across the street, looking around with wide eyes and an excited smile. She looked beautiful, even more so than I remembered. She was dressed simply, but she had a natural elegance that drew my eyes to her. I waved to get her attention, and she spotted me, her face lighting up.

“Namjoon!” she called out, weaving through the crowd to get to me.

“Hey, Minseo!” I greeted her, feeling a rush of happiness at the sight of her. “This place is amazing, isn’t it?”