Chapter 7 :Unfinished Moment

We all plopped down on the couch,exhausted but grinning. With snacks and drinks in  hand, we  kicked back and relaxed on the couch for a while .

After a relaxing break on the couch, Nidhin suggests, "How about we order something to celebrate our successful day? I'm starving!"

"I second that!" Niru chimes in, her eyes lighting up. "But let's try that new restaurant that just opened nearby. I've heard their food is amazing."

Faizi grins and says, "Alright, but I’m treating everyone.Consider it my way of celebrating my success in love."

I laugh, playfully nudging him. "You just want to pick up the tab so you can control what we order!"

Faizi chuckles, "Maybe, but I promise I’ll let everyone choose."

As we debate what to order, the conversation is filled with jokes and banter. Niru and Nidhin start playfully arguing over which movie to watch while we wait for the food.

"Come on, Nidhin, I’m not watching another action flick tonight," Niru insists, crossing her arms.

Nidhin groans, "But you picked the last one! How about a compromise? We found a movie with a bit of action and some drama?"

Faizi, always ready with a witty comment, adds, "Why not just watch a movie with explosions and people crying? Best of both worlds."

We all burst out laughing, and I shake my head, saying, "I think we’re overcomplicating this. Let’s just pick something everyone can agree on, or we’ll be debating all night."

Eventually, we settle on a movie, and the atmosphere becomes even more relaxed. We chat about everything and nothing, sharing stories from our day, future plans, and the little things that make us laugh. The connection between Niru and Nidhin becomes more apparent, with subtle touches and lingering glances that don’t go unnoticed.

As the night deepens, Faizi turns to me with a warm smile. "Today was fun, wasn’t it?"

"It really was," I reply, leaning back into the couch, feeling a deep sense of contentment. 

After the food arrives, and we’ve eaten our fill, someone suggests a weekend getaway. Nidhin, always full of energy, jumps on the idea. "That’s perfect! We could use a little escape after all the craziness."

Niru nods enthusiastically. "Let’s plan it! A weekend away, just us, sounds amazing."

Faizi gives me a knowing look, and I can tell he’s thinking about something deeper. After a while, as everyone begins to wind down, he gently takes my hand and leads me to the balcony, where the night sky is dotted with stars.

With the cool breeze around us, Faizi finally speaks, his voice soft and sincere. "I’ve been thinking a lot lately… about us and everything we’ve shared."

I feel my heart skip a beat, sensing the depth of his words. "Yeah? What about?"

He looks at me, his eyes filled with a warmth that makes me feel like there’s no one else in the world. "I think there’s something really special between us, something I haven’t felt before. And I want to know if you feel the same."

His words hang in the air, and I realize that I’ve been feeling the same way all along. I smile, taking a step closer to him. "I do, Faizi. I’ve felt it for a while now."

In that quiet moment, under the stars, we both acknowledge the bond that has formed between us, taking a step forward in our relationship with a mix of excitement and anticipation.