Prologue

Perfection is a myth. A fleeting illusion that dangles just out of reach, teasing those foolish enough to chase it. But I'm not a fool. I don't chase perfection I create it. I mold it with my hands, carve it out of chaos, and when it doesn't conform to my will, I destroy it. They say there's beauty in imperfection, but I've never found it. I see only the flaws, the cracks, the weaknesses that others overlook. It's why I've always been alone in this pursuit, why no one else understands the compulsion that drives me. Perfection isn't just a goal; it's a necessity, an obsession that consumes me.

It's why I've always been meticulous in my work, why my life is a series of precise calculations and carefully laid plans. It's also why I've always been able to hide my true nature behind a veneer of normalcy. To the world, I'm Ethan Thorne a successful software engineer, a quiet man with a sharp mind and a steady hand. But beneath that surface lies something darker, something most people would never see coming.

I've eliminated imperfections all my life, removed them like rot from a beautiful facade. But then she appeared. Lily Hartwell. The one flaw I couldn't easily erase, the one imperfection that somehow became the centerpiece of my world. She is a contradiction, a beautiful mess that defies logic, and I find myself drawn to her like a moth to a flame.

And now, as I stand at the edge of this precipice, I know one thing with absolute certainty: this is the beginning of something inevitable, something that will change everything.

Perfection is within reach, but it comes at a price. And I'm more than willing to pay it.