The Past

The blonde woman looked at them, her face fake, but clearly practiced to be such.
-"Oh is Andrew a violinist in your.. group?"
Why did she think DREW played MUSIC?

}}}×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××{{{

He was very young, just 3, when he started showing his interest in music. He'd always come to watch concerts on the TV, try to play on his instrument toys, make little instruments from stuff himself.
And his mother hated it. She knew people like him, musicians that ended up broke on the street, begging for money from anyone that passes by, turning into leeches looking for food.
She didn't want him to be like that, he simply couldn't.
So, of course, when he asked for an instrument, she refused to buy him one. It was the first time she didn't buy him something, but he barely asked her for anything anyway.
He threw a tantrum, but she just told his nanny to "calm him the fuck down".

He didn't get the little piano that day.

}}}×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××{{{

The party was a big one. His suit itched slightly, but he was just 4, he'd get used to it.
The lady and the girl in front of him had very blonde, almost white hair.
He heard they were talking, hus mother and the lady, but he didn't know what about. Again, he was 4.
But then he heard it;
-"Oh my Abbigail does afterschool activities. You see, she sings like an angel, but if we didn't care to take her to those lessons years ago she wouldn't be as talented..."
He looked at the girl, she smiled at him, and then his mother said something he didn't expect in the slightest.
-"Oh well we signed our Andrew up to play the violin a month ago, maybe they can play together?"
And Drew has never felt happier, his MOTHER let him play MUSIC?
He didn't stop smiling for the whole party, even tried talking with the Abbigail girl, although she wasn't the nicest.

When they got out of the party, and into their car, Drew couldn't stop smiling and giggling to himself. His parents didn't hear him, they never did with their soundproof glass in between them. He could actually play.

In their home, his mother tells him to go to his room. She wanted to speak to his father. He didn't hear them there.

-"Mark, we need to sign him up for some of those violin lessons.", and his father looked at her like someone exchanged his wife,"Maybe some voice lessons too?"

Okay, she's gone insane.

-"Dear, didn't you say, multiple times might I add, that you didn't want him to end up a musician?" She scoffed and rolled her eyes, filling up her glass with wine, "Johnson made her daughter have voice lessons, some bullshit about talents and stuff." She took a sip. "We can one-up her easily if he plays and sings!"

And so he ended up taking the lessons, three times a week for violin and once a week for singing. He didn't do good at first, but he started picking up his learning pace as his motor skills got better. He was still 4.

}}}×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××{{{

Time passed by, and Drew was 8 now. His mother always called his music stuff "his child activities", she needed for him to know it was for children. Even if it wasn't.
Today was a big day for him. It was a party for the rich people, which wouldn't have been big, there is one every 2 or 3 weeks, but his mom organized for him to play the violin in a little private concert. It was one of her gifts to the 10 year anniversary of the hosts. The other gifts were there to show off their riches, his family was richer that the hosts, though not by a lot.

And he was a little stressed, but not too much. He was very fast with learning, he remembered everything. He could mess up with his.. not very perfectionised finer motor skills, but his teacher said he'd be good.