4|| Plan

Kristin had somehow gotten us two passes to visit the University of London for the second day of the Physics Symposium

Even though we were not second-year students who were invited and couldn’t attend the lectures, the passes allowed us to explore the campus.

We were able to check out areas like the library, study halls, and student lounges. There were even a few exhibitions and science displays related to the symposium that we could visit.

We also got the chance to explore the courtyards, relax at the cafes, and get a feel for student life at the university. It was a great opportunity, even without attending the main talks.

So, here I am at the college canteen, holding my Americano latte like it’s the most important thing ever. Kristin brought it to me and told me to wait for 30 minutes without saying much.

Now she’s out there, talking on her phone like she’s some kind of secret agent.

Seriously, what is she up to? She has this look on her face like she’s about to reveal a big secret.

It’s been 20 minutes, and I’m just sitting here, wondering if she’s planning something crazy.

Maybe she’s plotting to take over the world or just chatting about how she beat her high score on Candy Crush.

I’m tempted to yell out the window, “Hey, Kristin! If you wanted me to wait, you could’ve just said so!” But instead, I just watch her strut around like she owns the place.

Honestly, I hope whatever she’s doing is worth my coffee break!

The canteen was packed with students from all over the world—Jamaica, Germany, Russia, South Korea, Japan, and India, just to name a few.

I was sitting there, sipping my Americano, watching the mix of accents and styles.

Just when I thought I would be alone with my empty Americano, Kristin came back with her cousin brother, Samuel—who we call Sam.

She was grinning like she just won something, while Sam gave me an awkward smile that said, “I’m just here.”

“Is it 30 minutes over?” I asked, looking at my empty cup. “It’s been an hour of sipping this!”

“Listen, we have an amazing plan for you,” Kristin said as they sat down across from me.

“A plan for what? How to die?” I replied with a smirk.

“A plan for your escape from your father,” she whispered dramatically.

“Escape?! From my father? I think I should escape from both of you right now!” I said, standing up.

“Wait, what? I didn’t sleep for three days to make an escape plan, and now it’s going to waste!” Sam said , who looked like a dehydrated zombie.