Should I continue?

"Mom, I have to finish some homework. I already ate dinner, then I'm going to bed, ok?" I told Mom over the phone. It was late, and she was still driving home.

"Sure Sweetie. I'll be there soon."

I didn't have homework. Nor did I eat. I just wanted to go to bed, so that's exactly what I did.

The next morning I woke up to hundreds of missed calls. The fire department, the police, Mom. What was happening? I scrolled through everything, then noticed a message from Mom. It said, Honey, it's okay. I know you must be worried, but it will be okay. Come to the hospital. Take an Uber.

That's weird. Okay then. I looked for the Uber app, then noticed another message. Unknown. Go to the hospital. Go. We will wait. Okay, THAT was odd. Probably the police though.

So anyways, me being me, got my dirty self clean, brushed my sloppy brown mop of a head, then called a cab.

I looked around the hospital. People shuffled around, some pushing a bed with a corpse, another an empty wheelchair. I only had one destination. Room 45B. I entered, seeing Mom unconscious on the bed. The next few hours went by agonizingly slowly. Doctors saying that the car hadn't damaged her brain, only broken her arm; people saying that she was going through major periods of pain. Who could I believe? But not once, not once did anyone say what we were all thinking. Dead. She was dying.

That night I fell asleep next to her barely breathing body, wondering who I would end up with. Dad left years ago, Grandma had a heart attack and had died, and here I was, my miserable self. I drifted off.

I awoke to find myself in a rather dark place. The hospital. No, the changed hospital. The air was considerably cooler; the walls drooled a clear sort of ooze down them. Mom was gone.

I wake up in a cold sweat, my vision fuzzy on the edges, "not again!" I mumble, rubbing my eyes. I take in my surroundings, the same sterile white walls and flickering lights, I groan, rolling off the hospital bed I was in. But then, while putting my boots on, I hear them, footsteps, my mind whirls, I was alone in this hospital, I had never seen or heard anything, not even mice or flies. Nothing! I was alone... or was. I snap back to reality when I hear this mysterious personne getting closer, and closer. I jump into action, lunging under the bed for safety.

Closing my eyes trying to still my ragged breaths I wait for them to pass this room, to move on and never come back, and just as I think that for once something goes my way... the footsteps stop, they come into the room, but before I know it they grab my ankles and pull me out from under the bed "well hello there little fella!" I try and turn my head, try and see who this person is, but they hold my head down, keeping it in place against the cold tiled floor, I wince. "Who are you?" I manage, " your worst nightmare" the voice says, and just like that they conk me on the head with a metal pipe.

For the second time that day I woke up in the same room but something felt different. I look down at the white sheets, now bloodstained.

Blood was everywhere. On my hands, my face, my legs. It stained my hair red. Scars, from my previous encounters with the beast, whom finally defeated me. I stayed there lying on my back, lying in a pool of my own blood. My skin was ripped open, some parts showing bone and others just blood and flesh. The blood on the sheets was a big contrast to my pale white skin.

"It's just a dream," I said to myself. "A bad nightmare," I said laughing to myself.

However, this time, it didn't feel like the tingly sensation I had felt all the other times. This time it felt real. It couldn't be; I had to be sleeping, right? I still had to say goodbye to my parents. I moved my leg and screamed in pain. It could've been heard on floor 35. The deafening, excruciating, cry of pain. I felt something in my leg tear, I screamed again. This time louder. I looked down at my leg, it was gone. Fading, disintegrating into dust that was pulled away by the wind. I screamed in horror. Was I finally dying just like my family? The end of my life. All of it, gone, wasted. I felt the rest of my body fading and blowing away. My body went numb and the rest of me faded. This is the end of my story