Chapter 9

Official Research documents notes book two-page #11

in 1986 at one of our outer-based facilities, we were fortunate to make a new discovery. Captain H. Parks underwent a struggle caused by two unprovoked individuals of this species. the male was incredibly aggressive, but the female stayed away. Later on, we discovered a connection between the two. We gathered more intel and discovered that their "mana motes" are intertwined. We came to understand that the two refer to each other as "Mates". never before have we witnessed a romantic relationship within the species Unfortunately, we negligence in this new area Due to the death of both individuals after 11 how unfortunate.

Chapter 9

The Harbinger

The ideal choice for me is to hang out in this corner for the rest of this "lesson" or something. About three minutes ago I was chased around by a group of three people with one of them armed with a knife. News to me that there were weapons around. now I'm out of breath sitting in a corner not really knowing what to do with myself. banning sounds echo out behind me whilst the scraping sound of a newly moving wall booms from around the corner. I poke my head around as the wall slams into place.

I get up and rush through the newly opened hall running aimlessly around before rounding a corner a couple halls down now wishing I hadn't.

Corpses lay spread across the floor blood everywhere I step around the bodies. blood still seeping from the deep cuts and small puncher wounds. Fresh.

Bloody footprints led off down the hall and I followed them. Not too far away I see fourteen. Of fucking course it's him Man gives me anxiety enough as is and now he's armed. But being alone in this maze is even more nerve-racking so I'm taking my chances.

"HEY!" I call out catching up to him. "you're not going to kill me for bothering you right?"

He turns to look at me "No?" he responds in a questioning tone.

"ok good," I say relief flooding over me as I step in front of him. His eyes tracking me "Because you and I are now a team." I say pointing a finger back and forth between us.

"excuse me." He looks me up and down

"yeh. Why not I was separated from my little gang I had going on and I don't want to be alone."

He stares at me for a while and I hold his gaze before responding completely unbothered. "no." and he steps around me.

"so you're just going to leave your new friend to die." I retort speeding up my walk getting back in line with him. He keeps looking forward before responding. "I'm not your friend."

"huh. Sure I am. Your mine. Aren't you?"

he makes a choked sound "Yeah. No thanks."

I turn to him "Don't scoff at me. You're the one with the issue honesty you need to fix all this." he looks at me and I wave my hand around him.

He stops and I turn to face him still in front crossing my arms. "Hmm," I smile.

"you just gestured to fucking all of me."

"oh, I'm sorry." I step forward mocking "Did you take that as an insult."

He rolls his eyes "just go away." He moves forward overtaking me

"oh no, I was serious I'm sticking with you."

"Absolutely not." Hostility in his voice.

"oh bossy."