CHAPTER NINETEEN - CODE BLUE

As Siobhan sat on the floor and tried to catch her breath, she reached into her pocket and grabbed her phone. As she scrolled through her contacts, her hands shaking uncontrollably, she wondered who she could call. Did anyone truly care enough about her to want to protect her? As soon as she thought about that, once again she thought of Viv. Although they hadn't actually spoken since Roger had returned, the nurse had sent Siobhan a few text messages which the blond had immediately deleted. She'd been terrified that Roger might see them and start asking questions, if she'd ever put Viv in danger she'd never have forgiven herself. For a moment, Siobhan considered calling Viv but then she thought of Jamie. Viv wasn't in a position to help her right now, she had a child and a whole life that didn't concern Siobhan.

Eventually, she made her choice. As she explained what had happened as best as she could, she was met with several moments of silence. A measured voice told her to wait there and not to touch anything. As Siobhan moved into the lounge and sat on the sofa, she wondered if she'd have been better trying to deal with this herself. Now, someone else was aware and she couldn't take it back, they were on their way. When Siobhan heard a knock on the door, she assumed it was her last minute saviour. As soon as she'd opened the door however, her breath caught in her throat. Viv was standing on the doorstep as rain lashed down around her and as soon as she saw Siobhan, her face dropped. "What's wrong?" Her voice was so full of concern, it took everything within Siobhan not to throw herself into Vivs arms. The nurse had obviously had enough of being ignored but she really, really wasn't supposed to be here.

Siobhan needed to make another decision and as she stepped aside to let Viv in, she felt like she was making a mistake. As Vivs eyes adjusted to the dark, her eyes dropped down to Siobhan's bloody hands. "What did he do to you Siobhan?" Her voice was shaking, but she didn't seem scared. When Siobhan didn't answer, Viv asked "he came back?" She took a step towards the blond and continued "he attacked you?" Siobhan finally dared to look into her eyes as she whispered "I just couldn't take it anymore Viv. Everything seemed so much worse, after having time away from him. I didn't mean to kill him."

Just as Viv went to respond, there was another knock on the door. Both women jumped but Siobhan immediately rushed to answer and breathed a sigh of relief. Autumn was waiting for her, soaked to the bone and with an unreadable expression on her face. "Where is he?" Her voice was emotionless and as soon as Siobhan quietly replied "the kitchen" Autumn stepped inside. "Hello Vivian." She wasn't surprised to see the nurse standing behind Siobhan, she'd long since suspected that the two women were having at the very least an emotional affair. Autumn moved quickly as she made her way over to and into the kitchen and as she stared at her father's dead body, she sighed. She'd always thought that his death would bring her a sense of relief, but as she looked at the blood splattered all over the floor, she felt sad. She felt sad for the little girl and her big brother who'd never had a loving father or the childhood they deserved. She felt sad for Siobhan, a woman so beaten, abused and downtrodden she'd been unable to stop herself and now, she'd carry the weight of her actions forever.

Autumn turned to look at Siobhan who had trailed behind her and as she looked into the blonds eyes, she felt sick. "I'm so sorry Autumn. He was going to hurt me and I lashed out, I didn't mean to." Autumn frowned slightly and immediately replied "you don't need to be sorry Siobhan. Nothing of any value has been lost tonight, I assure you. I'm just sorry that he pushed you this far." As she ushered Siobhan backwards and into the lounge again she advised "we need to make a plan. Hardly anyone was aware that he'd come back, I certainly wasn't, so we can use that to our advantage." Autumn narrowed her eyes and sat down on the sofa before adding "we need to wait for the others." Siobhan's eyes widened and immediately, her heart started to pound. She felt Viv grab her hand so she looked at the nurse to try and find some comfort. Viv tentatively asked "what others?" Autumn briefly looked at Viv and Siobhan's now interlinked hands and smirked.

"Reece and Mia."