The Art of Meaningful Engagement

In a world where human disengagement is rapidly increasing, I find it crucial to make eye contact, respond, engage, and interact meaningfully. When we see each person as a whole being who matters, it becomes our duty to acknowledge this in our interactions. Viewing ourselves as interconnected beings, rather than isolated ones, encourages us to approach others in a way that honours their human dignity. If we consider ourselves as beings in dialogue, we will seek, uncover, and encourage meaningful conversations. Let's refine our common courtesies.

Each moment holds potential meaning. To discover this, we must truly be present.

"This emphasis on being attuned to meaning potential is similar to my emphasis on mindful awareness (e.g., Wong 2012b) and the current popularity of mindfulness in positive psychology (e.g., Kashdan & Ciarrochi, 2013). This hypothesis predicts that the more meaningful moments we have experienced, the greater the level of perceived meaningfulness and life-satisfaction." ~ Paul Wong

So, let's pay attention to one another, really listen, and truly engage. Deeper life satisfaction awaits!

One of my favourite quotes from Cloud Atlas by Sonmi 451 is:

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others, past and present."

References:

Kashdan, T. B., & Ciarrochi, J. (2013). Mindfulness, acceptance, and positive psychology: The seven foundations of well-being. Oakland, CA: Context Press.

Wong, P. T. P. (2012b). From logotherapy to meaning-centered counselling and therapy. In P. T. P. Wong (Ed.), The human quest for meaning: Theories, research, and applications (2nd ed., pp. 619-647). New York, NY: Routledge.

Sonmi-451, Cloud Atlas (2012): "And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future." http://celebquote.com/3438