Chapter 2 | The woods

(Mia's pov)

Yesterday felt like an eternity. I met the new girl and I'm just going to say.. it wasnt very successful. Not that I wanted to be her friend anyway, but within the first ten minutes of seeing her for the first time, I'd already threatened her.

Anyway, me and the rest of the gang are skipping school today since we've got all the boring lessons. On an unrelated note, my friend group has a rule that we can't date others in the group, but me and Reece already broke that rule when we once kissed and then decided to get together. (We haven't broken up since..)
Suddenly, an idea popped up into my head that me and Reecey should go on a walk in the woods together to have a 'private talk'. Thats actually just code to kiss, privately. To be honest, I act like I'm down bad for my boyfriend when in reality I prefer him as a best friend, yes, he may be protective and kind but I just don't feel a special romantic connection.

The natural sunlight that shone outside on the fields dimmed as we entered the large, wooded forest. Before we even reached the centre of the forest we glanced at each other and before I knew it, he had began softly placing kissing on the centre of my lips.

(Charlotte's pov)

Yesterday felt never-ending so I decided to skip a day of school to relax and have 'fun'. My head was overpowered with anxiety and fear of someone finding out the.. truth, so I decided to go on a peaceful walk in the nearby forest. As I stepped outside and the fresh air hit me, my tears became lightly falling so I decided the best thing to do would be get into the more private area of the woods immediately.
No one could see me break down, I wouldn't allow it.
After arriving, my weeps became stronger and therefore louder aswell. To make sure I was aware of my surroundings, I began gazing around me and to my surprise - there was the red-head from school.. staring right back at me, while I sobbed.

All of a sudden, she began walking over to me and the blonde boy I also recognised yelled, "Mia, where are you going?"
Good to know, her names Mia.
Quickly, I placed my hands on my head and as I frantically looked around in an attempt to find a pathway to escape, I felt as if the trees were closing in on me. I had no choice. Although I felt dizzy, I began to sprint out of the woods but as I peered behind me, I saw her following, Mia's every footstep being imprinted into the wet ground. Could I escape?

(Mias pov)

OH. MY. GOD.

I just saw that new kid crying hysterically to herself in the middle of the forest. A million questions filled my mind so I began to charge up to her, no, I wasn't going to comfort her since I'm hopeless at that, but I love listening to all the drama. Suddenly, as I got closer, she ran off..

I was raging. I was about to get a deep dive into the new girl and find out more about her. As I began to chase after her, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders resulting in me not being able to move anywhere. "Reece, leave me, I'll be back later!" I screamed before this person twisted my body around so I was now facing them.

"It's not Reece." The person spoke before slamming me onto the ground.