Chapter 4 | Different.

(Mia's pov)

After what happened yesterday, I'm going to my limits attempting to avoid Reece, Autumn and their father, that interaction is the last thing I need right now. On the other hand, I need to find that new girl who saved me - I don't even know her name but I can't get her out of my mind, no matter how hard I try. I would've been dead if it wasn't for her.

(Roger's pov)

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT IDIOT FOUND ME!
I was milliseconds away from murdering Mia when all of a sudden I see the one and only Victoria standing there, if looks could kill I would have been dead years ago. I've hired my own private spies to do an investigation as to why she's in town but all I've managed to find out so far is that she now goes by the name "Charlotte".
If that girl wasn't so murderous, she might've made an amazing puppet, just like Mia.

Honestly, based on "Charlottes" history, I'm shaking in my boots at the thought she could be inches away from me and I wouldn't know. As I look through my many folders which are filled with information about everyone I've ever met, I approach Charlottes file and pick it up, I must find more information about her current state. I only know about her past and that's not enough.

With the blood-stained binder in my hands, I scan my eyes through the many pages and grunt while slamming it down onto my desk and storming out the room, furiously.

THERE WAS NO INFORMATION I COULD USE!

(mia's pov)

UGH. I AM SO ANNOYED. Every time I even get close to finding out more about that new brunette, I just reach ANOTHER dead end.

While I grinded my teeth aggressively, a flashback rushed through my mind of me sitting in Rogers office, listening to him explain his upcoming scandal, I gazed over to my left and saw hundreds of folders addressed to different names. I even saw one with my name on - Amelia Roberts. Although, I don't get called that anymore.

Suddenly, realisation struck over me as I thought that new girl could have a folder there. All I had to do was find out her name, then I could sneak into Rogers office and find out more about her and why he was so scared. Yes, I could be murdered if I go back to his work room, but I've decided to let my curiosity get the best of me. I must find out about her history.

Inhaling slowly, I message my group-chat asking,

"Hi guys. Does anyone know that new girls name?"

I'm hoping my friends don't think anything of what I questioned. It's really unlike me to ask for someone's name as I don't usually care. This time it's different..