Alter-Human Community: Therians.

What Are Therians?

Therians are a group of people who identify as an animal. Typically animals from cat, dog, fox or wolf, even to a fish!

Therians are very popular on TikTok and YouTube, and are often compared to furries, which they are no where close to.

Therians are usually a friendly and accepting community with popular individuals among the different cultures such as, Clawz, amber, or opal!

Therians can sometimes have shifts, (a period of time where an individual shifts from their human mindset to an animal and often forgets who and what they are, these are often friendly shifts that cause no harm and are mainly playful.) while other's cannot.

How Do Therians Express Themselves?

:Therians express themselves through many different strategies! some Therians practice Quadrobics or make masks, tails, ears, etc. of their theriotype to feel more connected! Another way is by going outside and spending time in nature to feel more connected to your theriotype!

Can You Become A Therian?

This is argued a lot among the community! You cannot become a Therian! Therianthropy is an involuntary identity that cannot be chosen or controlled! some even try to hide it as they wish to not experience this identity that often comes with the stress of coming out, and species dysphoria.

What Do I Do If I'm A Therian?

If you believe you may be a Therian, new to the community or are a Therian and don't know what to do, here are some tips! Try to think of ways you could come out to someone you trust and believe would have a positive reaction! 

You could also try spending more time outside depending on your theriotype, you can make a mask almost out of anything! Paper, Cardboard, or even fabric! Remember: What your mask looks like doesn't matter! It's about the identity, not the show.

How Do I Come Out As A Therian?

If you are worried about coming out as a Therian to parents, friends, or therapist I suggest you contact someone you believe to help you through it! However if you don't have someone, I would gladly be that someone!

Although coming out is always hard, the relief afterwards is always worth it! Approach who you want to come out to with the question: "What are your opinion on furries?" I know this seems strange since Furries and Therians are completely different. However, This is a good question to ask since this could give you a somewhat general idea on how they would react to you being a Therian!

What Do I Do When My Parents/Friends Don't Accept Me?

Sadly, many people have to deal with being rejected from society... However, this does not mean you will never find your people! There are plenty of people who are accepting of Therians and the Alter-human community!