Day 7

Yesterday, Lauren and Camila just chilled in their tent, enjoying time away from technology. Lauren had to admit it was nice to just enjoy Camila's company.

One thing that bothered Lauren though was how weird Camila has been acting since yesterday.

They were fine all day, but as she was setting up the tent, Camila has been kind of quiet.

So since that moment, Lauren had been trying her hardest to cheer Camila up. She's been cracking jokes and doing everything that Camila suggests.

"Hey Lauren, I'm going for a quick run. Need to stay in shape for tour."

"I'll come with you. I also need to exercise. I feel like we've been eating out and sitting around a lot lately," Lauren replied back.

"Oh okay," Camila said with disappointment in her eyes that Lauren picked up on immediately.

"I don't have to go if you don't want me to, I can stay here," Lauren said back.

"No, it's just- never mind. It's stupid."

"No, tell me," Lauren pushed.

"I don't wanna talk about it so just drop it," Camila said and rolled her eyes.

"Okay fine. Go on your run and clear your mind. I'll be waiting here," Lauren laid at the bottom of the tent and opened up a book she had started tomorrow.

Camila didn't say anything else, just walked off. What the fuck is her problem? Lauren knew she didn't do anything and they were getting along great just yesterday.

Not wanting to think about it, Lauren went back to her book and started to read. It took Camila an hour to get back to the tent, but she seemed to be in a little bit of a better mood.

They were sitting outside of the tent in their camping chairs when Camila spoke, "I'm sorry for kind of treating you like shit."

"It's okay. Do you wanna wanna talk about it?" Lauren asked, really concerned.

Camila looked at her with a look that she's never seen someone give her before. It looked dazed over and she had a small smile on her face. "No, I'm just waiting for it to pass."

"Well, I'll be here if you need to talk. If you don't feel like talking to me about it, I'm sure Dinah will talk to you if you just call," Lauren said.

"Yeah, I know. I'm still kind of mad at her though," Camila looked down at her feet with a sad face.

"Call and listen to what she has to say. She'll be more than happy to listen to what's been bothering you too," Lauren tried to reason.

Camila thought for a minute before standing up and walking away with her phone in hand. Lauren stayed sitting. Even though she was curious about what is bothering the other woman, she would never eavesdrop on her.

Camila eventually came back, but she looked more distraught than she was before. "How'd that go?" Lauren asked.

"Okay. We made up and I talked to her about what's been bothering me, but it didn't really help much," Camila confessed.

"You said you're waiting for it to pass, so maybe it'll pass."

"Yeah...maybe," Camila looked down and Lauren could see she had tears in her eyes.

_______

The two of them were now seated around the campfire enjoying the nightly breeze.

Lauren was once again reading her book as Camila was just staring off into space, deep in thought. Lauren was really hoping that after Camila talked to Dinah, she would feel better, but if anything, her mood was worse.