Part III

It was a day that had always held a special place in his heart. They had been best friends for years, and
on that fateful day, they finally confessed their feelings for each other. It had been perfect-filled with nervous excitement, laughter, and the thrill of new love.

Alan knew that if he could go back and relive that day, maybe he could do something differently, something that would change their future for the
better.

Taking a deep breath, Alan turned the dial on the watch, rewinding time. The world around him blurred as the days, weeks, and months zipped past in reverse.

When he finally stopped, he found himself
standing in Evergreen Park, on that very day.

He looked around, taking in the familiar sights and sounds. The oak tree, the laughter of children playing nearby, the warm sunlight filtering through the leaves-it was all just as he remembered.

Alan's heart raced as he spotted Carmen sitting on the blanket they had laid out, waiting for him with a nervous smile on her face.

"Hey," he said, approaching her.

"Hey," Carmen replied, her eyes lighting up as she looked at him.

"You're late."

"Sorry about that," Alan said, sitting down beside her.

"I had something on my mind."

Carmen tilted her head, curiosity in her eyes.

"What is it?"

Alan hesitated, remembering how he had confessed his feelings the first time. He had been so nervous,
stumbling over his words, worried that he would mess everything up.

But this time, he felt more confident. He knew what was going to happen, and he was determined to make it perfect.

"I've been thinking a lot about us," he said, taking her hand in his.

"And I realized that I don't want to be just friends anymore. I want to be more than that. I want to be with you, Carmen."

Carmen's eyes widened in surprise, just as they had that day. But instead of the nervous giggle she had
given him before, she smiled warmly.

"I've been waiting for you to say that," she admitted, squeezing his hand.

Alan felt a surge of relief. This was going even better than he had hoped. He leaned in, and they shared a
sweet, tender kiss under the oak tree-their first kiss as a couple.

Everything felt right, just as it had the first time, but with the added reassurance that Alan now had the power to make things even better.

As the days passed, Alan noticed subtle differences in the way he and Carmen interacted. He was more
attentive, more thoughtful, and more aware of the small things that mattered to her.

He remembered all the little mistakes he had made the first time around and made sure to avoid them.

They went on dates to all the places she loved, and he made sure to listen more, be more present, and show her how much he cared.

But as time went on, Alan began to notice something unsettling. Despite his efforts, despite all the
changes he was making, Carmen's behavior remained the same. She still had those moments of distance, those flashes of coldness that had always puzzled him.

The arguments still happened, and though he
tried to handle them differently, they still ended the same way-with Carmen pulling away, leaving Alan
feeling frustrated and helpless.