Chap 6

Previously....

"So you're the guy that my beloved brother cares about." Wang Haoxuan said.
______________________________________

At the Market

Xiao Zhan's Pov

Xiao Zhan's Pov...

I was buying in the market when suddenly a rob happened near the area where I am. I saw a man who was running so fast towards the area where I was standing. He was running while holding the money he took from his victim, and without thinking twice I immediately ran behind him as well, trying to reach my palm in his collarbone.

When I got to hold him, I immediately punched his face that made him fall on the floor and whined because of the pain. I forcefully took the money in his palm and ran from there to give it back to the owner.

After giving it back to the owner I quickly took the food I bought and headed back to my cottage. As I walked through the path headed towards my cottage, I saw a group of men blocking the way more like waiting for me there.

I gulped and tried to hide my fear as I walked towards them praying that it wasn't me who they were waiting for.
Those men are looking at me darkly. I tried to ignore those gazes but I failed.
I'm starting to fear for my life again.

As I walked through them I gathered all my strength knowing what would happen to me next. Suddenly I felt a strong punch landed on my face, I whined because of the pain. The other man holds my wrist tightly causing me too much pain in my both hands.

"I have never seen a man that can be this beautiful."

One man said while looking at me with a smirk in his face.

"Too bad, it would be ruined" said the other man.

I saw a familiar man looking at me with an evil smirked, he was the man I punched earlier in the market. He called his triad to get revenge on me. I was losing my hope at this moment that no one will arrive to help me in this trouble I created. When suddenly I saw Liu Haikuan heading towards our direction with the other royal guards as well.

(Chinese Triads operate Mafia-like organized crime syndicates internationally, dealing in extortion, prostitution, illegal gambling, and the drug trade.)

Those royal guards ran towards our direction, they captured these triads. Some ran from here but they were captured as well. I was losing consciousness when Liu Haikuan held me. I thought it was my last day again but thankfully King's Head guard came to rescue me. I smiled at him before I lost my consciousness.
______________________________________

Xiao Zhan's cottage

Xiao Zhan opened his eyes and found himself laying in his bed inside his cottage. He saw his wounds already treated but he still whined in pain. It was 4 am in the morning when he woke up.