Chapter 23

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well—it's been a while. As you dive into this chapter, you'll uncover about 70% of the truth behind why Ranvijay broke Taraksha's heart. In the next chapter, all of his reasons will be fully revealed, along with an unexpected announcement that none of you could have anticipated. The Dehradun arc and the exploration of the past are nearing their end, and things are about to heat up. From now on, the past will move at a faster pace, and I'm eager to wrap it up so we can focus more on the present.

If you're eager to learn about the major revelation in the next chapter, be sure to reach the vote and comment targets as quickly as possible. Please refrain from asking for updates before the target is met. Many of my other readers are showing great patience and loyalty to the story, and I encourage you to do the same. Voting for the chapter is simple—just press the vote button. If you can spend 15 minutes reading my work, taking a second to vote shouldn't be too much to ask. Please, don't take the content you're enjoying for granted.

I also value genuine feedback on the chapter—tell me how it was and what you thought of it. Comments like "I like it" don't help me grow as a writer. Your views are important, so please share relevant and thoughtful reviews. If you can push me for updates, then you can also take a moment to provide meaningful feedback. It's a matter of decency, and it's honestly frustrating and embarrassing when people only ask for updates without offering anything in return.

Thanks for understanding, and I look forward to your thoughts!

Vote target: 230, Comments: 40

_______________________________

Present time Dehradun~

Author's POV:

Ranvijay was deep into his work, focused on going through a series of emails, when the sudden blare of his phone shattered the quiet concentration of his office. His brows furrowed as he glanced at the screen, seeing Anirudh's name flashing. Something was off. Anirudh wasn't one to call unless it was absolutely necessary. Ranvijay exhaled, getting up from his chair and walking towards the large window that overlooked the city. He answered the call, his tone clipped and to the point.

"Anirudh," Ranvijay greeted, though there was no warmth in his voice. His instincts were already on high alert.

"Our security has been breached," Anirudh's voice came through the line, carrying the weight of the situation.

Ranvijay's eyes immediately darkened, his jaw tightening as the words sank in. His free hand curled into a fist, the knuckles turning white as he absorbed the information. "Have you found who is behind it?" he demanded, cutting straight to the chase. There was no time for pleasantries or drawn-out explanations.

Anirudh hesitated for a fraction of a second, knowing what his next words would trigger. "Vijay, it's complicated. There were two cases. From what we've analyzed, it seems like two different people with two different motives were involved. One of them tried to access Tara's information using the dark web, but they failed."

At the mention of Tara's name, Ranvijay's heart skipped a beat. His face twisted into a terrifying mask of fury, his eyes narrowing to dangerous slits. The room seemed to grow colder around him; the air thick with the tension of the storm brewing inside him. "And what the fuck do they want?" he hissed, his voice low and venomous.

Anirudh's voice was tense, filled with the gravity of the situation. "They're coming for your wife."

Ranvijay's lips curled into a dark, twisted smile, one that held no humor, only malice. "Huh, how fucking delusional. They aren't coming for my fairy; they're coming for their death," he said, his voice laced with a sinister chuckle that sent chills down Anirudh's spine. "A death that is customized by Ranvijay Singh Rathore himself."